Re: Which university produces good analog EEs?

[snip]
>I had my head MRI'd earlier this year (spare me the predictable >witticisms, guys) and it was noisy and mostly boring. It's the >gradient coils that make the noise. > >John

Actually I did also, about two years ago... trying to find a cause for chronic sinus infections. Nothing found there ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Of course not.... People of your party have little substance.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Why are leftist weenies such jerks?

...Jim Thompson

Well, those bacteria don't image very well.

One of my users does MRI micro-imaging, and they *can* resolve bacteria. But that doesn't (yet) work inside a human body, which is too big and too wiggly for that sort of resolution.

But imagine, some day, a non-invasive way to scan your body at truly microscopic resolution; pathology without surgery.

John

They've been doing this in sci-fi for decades. They have one on the Enterprise, there was one on the Nostromo, etc.

What if you could scan to an atomic level, transmit the data to a remote location, and build an identical copy? Would there be two of you? Or if they wake up the guy at the destination, is that where you'd wake up? [1]

Then, of course, you have the dilemma of the source passenger...

Cheers! Rich [1] I know, it's impossible to simultaneously measure the position and motion of anything, thanks to Mr. Heisenberg. ;-)

Reply to
Rich Grise

Because you're such a jerk. They're just jerking back.

Tim

Tim Williams

Yep, when Jim gets a nibble on the line he jerks to set the hook. You weenies jerk back, running with the hook, line, and sinker. ...so predictable.

--
  Keith
Reply to