PsychTest

What is the wallpaper on your desktop? It's like handwriting analysis. Quite telling. :-]

Mine: Right now... a fine picture of Rita Hayworth.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

...figures that you're a necrophilaic, DimBulb. She's been dead for 20 years.

--
  Keith
Reply to

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 21:41:04 -0500, Keith Gave us:

Figures that you would show us all how retarded you are by

a: not posting an appropriate answer, and

b: jacking off at the mouth about such a legend, and

c: Necrophilia requires the presence of a corpse, you retarded f*ck.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

You don't think it appropriate because you're infatuated with corpses.

Nope. That would be you, Dimbulb. You're the one wanking over Rita Hayworth.

You only wish...

--
  Keith
Reply to

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 22:03:03 -0500, Keith Gave us:

That's it, retard boy. Show us all just how retarded you can be... Ooops... too late!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

None. I view a computer as a tool not an entertainment device. I prefer having whatever small amount of computer resources it takes to display a destop picture used by my applications instead. The desktop is covered with files I'm working on and is covered by programs almost all the time the computer is on. If I want to look at an image frequently I'l print it out and stick it on the wall.

I also prefer my sci newsgroups on topic and not containing retarded threads like this.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Retarded? Hmmm- maybe this Fuchs phony is another creation by the resident retard fag Grise -pronounced like grease.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

On 19 Mar 2006 06:37:20 -0800, "Bob" Gave us:

Would that be black, or white? With subtractive color mixing as is used by CRTs black would be the absence of all. With additive color mixing, White would be the absence of color.

Ahh... so what are your visits to Usenet, and participation in posts like this one?

Sorry, but the resources and CPU cycles (time slices) used by your application are far less than the OS itself, and the presence of an image on your desktop screen has no effect whether it is a blank single color screen or an image which fills it entirely.

Unless your application is some super-duper CPU FPU intensive processing app, it will spend most of its time waiting for YOUR next move, and an image on your desktop is not going to change even such a huge CPU intensive app one iota.

If you are running such an app, and want the maximum CPU time devoted to it, you should be running Linux as your OS, or even be on a Mac. Billy robs you of more than just your money.

Use it as a hand cover to remove the stick from your ass.

Learn how to use your filters at the thread based level, then RETARD.

Yes, you are.

Your analysis is "Utilitarian, but dirt stupid about the underlying operation of the very thing he "works" on."

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:44:21 GMT, Fred Bloggs Gave us:

OMG, that has to be the worst insult I have ever received in Usenet!

To be called a drunken Grise iteration! You Bat's Turd!

Bwuahahahaha!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Me as well, I just have the standard blue background. I find anything else distracting.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

Do you really spend that much time looking at the computer's wallpaper? I only see mine when when I first boot up, or for a couple seconds when closing some applications. the rest of the time I am running something in full screen mode and its hidden.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Gee, Fred. I never thought that I would be defending the guy but that is a low blow, even for someone like Rich.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On 19 Mar 2006 10:45:34 -0800, "Leon" Gave us:

Right... sure. You find time to get onto Usenet, yet a soothing image on your desktop would be "distracting".

You are probably a "one task wonder". Do you also have problems setting the clock on your VCR or microwave oven?

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

The Eagle Nebula

FFF Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 18:54:11 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell" Gave us:

Damn! This time, you actually did get me to smile.

Good shot, retard boy! Still bounced right off like Jason in space.

Chi Chi Ha Ha! (you had to have seen the movie, or at least one of them)

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

You *must* be using Windows!

--
  Keith
Reply to

You never have to start another application? I rarely run applications full screen. I keep the bottom and right sides of the screen clear so I can start my most common programs. I usually have a dozen or more windows[*] open and I arrange them so there is something peeking out of the most used ones to facilitate switching.

[*] At work I may have a dozen telnet sessions open to AIX system(s), plus another dozen or so Windows sessions.
--
  Keith
Reply to

Likewise, although I don't have more than two or three windows open at a time.

The need for working space is what provoked my ignorant question of a few weeks ago about collecting several icons under a single "topic" icon.

Then I remembered folders could have an icon ;-)

I'm now down to 32 icons on the left side of the screen, down from 56.

(I had already moved 6 of my "regulars" to the left side of the tray last summer.)

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Gee, Keith. That is what the quick launch bar is for. I created folders of the most common programs and dragged them to the quick launch bar, then compressed it as far to the left as it will go. Click on the arrows, slide the mouse up to the group and select the program without closing everything else. two clicks, just like the start button, but you don't have to scroll through so many menus.

I have had over 100 windows open at once while writing HTML pages where I use a lot of custom templates and scripts that I can cut and paste to save wear and tear on my wrists. My Carpal Tunnel is progressing from just going numb, to pain that makes you want to pick up a sharp knife and slice them off, some days. The pain killers are useless, and my wrists and hands are getting to be the same way. :(

Now, if I can get the free Jet1 electric scooter I got a couple days ago to run, I won't have to use my cane so much. It was in storage for four years and needs a set of batteries, and some repairs. At least its the right color. Candy Apple Red. When I get it running I'll have to customize it with a stereo system, and a flip up desk for the laptop that was just donated to the "Computers for Veterans" project. Now, I can keep busy updating the three websites while waiting to see a doctor, or for an event to start at the Veteran's Park. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

snip

I've ot a dual head video card, mainly for editing video, on 2 monitors. Recommended. Great for PCB work, one monitor for the schematic, one for the PCB If *only* I could move the the mouse pointer, over to a different computer on the network, say my laptop, wow, bliss.

A bit like these guys have done

martin

Reply to
martin griffith