what are your thoughts on this multimeter?

Hi - I'm looking at getting this multimeter:

I would love to get a phatty Fluke meter - but Flukes with half as many features as this one cost 5 times as much. I am just a poor college student with no money - so I always look to cut corners. Do you think that this would be OK? Thanks!

Reply to
Michael

Rather decent functionality for the price. See if there is something like that (the closer the better) but no frequency function. Except for certain trades, it is extremely rare to need a frequency meter, which means you would be wasting the extra money (for an unused frequency function). If the price differential is well under $20 without the frequency function, i still would opt for a meter without it (despite the obvious cost efficency).

Reply to
Robert Baer

The spec looks just fine to me. I didn't notice if it comes with a rubber shock case but that would be worth getting. My meter has been dropped more times than I can remember.

Reply to
CWatters