What Does Your Workarea Look Like?

I have always liked seeing other people's workshops....one can learn alot as to how they are arranged, the tools and test equipment being used and how small parts are stored. Layouts of benches, seating, lighting and power always seem to be customized in a manner that are different.

Care to describe your workspace to us?

Links to pictures and descriptions of why you laid it out the way you did would be great.

Thanks

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

Did you mean Workarrhoea ?

Reply to
N Cook

I think that "why you laid it out that way" is a bit more like why it started out that way. How it is now, is the way it evolved as the junk built up, and the bench space diminished until only the important areas like 'coffee cup station', remain ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

"Arfa Daily" wrote in news:dlJji.23072$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net:

Hey, no fair peeking!

me

Just a buncha shit laying all over the place., Tek scope, Leader Audio generator, Sencore vari ac, Fluke bench and hand held meters, various other test crap, parts bins.

Reply to
Meat Plow

The basement bench looks better since the older daughter's mother-in-law had her kitchen remodeled and I got some wall cabinets to organize parts (read: hide the junk)

Tools (30 year accumulation): Fluke 77 DVM (received as a "test and report" item and was never asked to return it), small $4 DVM for quick checks, Tektronics 545 scope (hand-me-down - but it still works), Heath voltage/current regulated DC supply (hand-me-down), Variac (gift from a friend), adjustable temp soldering station, Dremel tool with many bits, Heath audio generator, cheapie kit square/triangle wave generator, bench drill press, utility knife, miscellaneous files

Assorted parts cabinets: 1/4w resistors, 1/2w resistors, non-electrolytic capacitors, logic chips, microcontrollers (mostly PICAXEs) and accessories (protoboards, sensors, LCD displays, etc)

My amateur radio hobby has been relegated to a far distant back burner, somewhere behind time with the grandkids

), microcontroller projects
) and PDA software development
)

John

Reply to
John

"Arfa Daily" wrote in news:dlJji.23072$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net:

*snip*

I've often said that mousepads aren't there to improve the tracking of the mouse, they're there to reserve space for it! (s/mousepad/coffee cup station/, s/mouse/coffee cup/)

Puckdropper

Puckdropper

We got half a dozen Rubbermaid roll-around carts some years ago and they're great. Makes big items easy to move and/or work on. They even have little troughs for holding loose hardware. The edges of the work surface have a slight dip at the edge, to make it harder for things to roll off onto the floor.

We use Sencore capacitor testers a lot, but there are times when we don't. We bought some old Tektronix roll-around oscilloscope carts at a hamfest and strapped the Sencores to them. Roll 'em up to the bench when you've got caps to test, put 'em back in the garage when you're finished.

Reply to
Matt J. McCullar