OT Who didn't see this comming

Let me see how this goes. Henry Paulson, a man of impeccable morals and integrity - beyond the scope of mere mortals, was a CEO of Goldman Sachs. He's given a blank check for 700 billion dollars and told to shore up the economy with it.

Thank you president Bush:

Goldman Sachs ready to hand out £7bn salary and bonus package... after its £6bn bail-out

The size of the pay pool comfortably dwarfs the £6.1billion lifeline which the U.S. government is throwing to Goldman as part of its £430billion bail-out.

As Washington pours money into the bank, the cash will immediately be channelled to Goldman's already well-heeled employees.

News of the firm's largesse will revive the anger over the 'rewards for failure' culture endemic in the world of high finance.

default

It is not so much reward for failure, but hush money. Don't rat us out on our illegal maneuvers and we will get a nice block of gold.

Reply to
JosephKK