Any logic-level FETs with breakdown 300V+?

Hello,

Just curious, although I am not holding my breath that any exist:

Are there FETs with a Vds rating of 300V or higher, preferably DPAK (TO-252), that have a guaranteed Rdson of around 1ohm or less at Vgs of

6V or less? 1A current or higher.

With guaranteed I mean not in some graph but with an entry under "max" in the tables. The usual ones are only rated at 10V although the figures indicate that they could have rated them for lower gate drive voltages at lesser current. But the manufacturers chose not to and trying to get any endorsement to that effect is like kicking a big oak tree.

The motivation is the usual. Logic drive, the typical MIC4422 or similar is too much money plus it would need its personal supply voltage which would have to be made.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Bipolar? Darlington?

John

how about that ?

"

Reply to
Jamie

I've no idea, but seeing what will happen to the rest of the system if one fails d-g, I'd be tempted to opto isolate it. I've seen PCBs with a big, brown- edged hole where the electronics used to be.

Reply to
JSprocket

that have a guaranteed Rdson of around 1ohm or less

tables. The usual ones are only rated at 10V

drive voltages at lesser current. But the

is like kicking a big oak tree.

too much money plus it would need its personal supply

Pretty nice. Now does digikey stock them? :)

TheM

Have not noticed any (though there are a few 200V small MOSFETs rated for logic-level drive, but higher Rds(on) and lower current rating than you want.

OTOH, you'll have thousands of inexpensive jellybean choices if you make it 10V drive.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Way too slow. Most have turn-off times in the usec range. Sure, you can hold them a wee bit above saturation but then circuit complexity begins to eat real estate and pennies.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Like usual, Rdson max only guaranteed at 10V and the transfer characteristic looks rather spooky. It's most likely going to explode if you try to switch heavy loads at 5V:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

We are fuse-protected :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yeah, which is what we'll do. I was just hoping. 10V drive will add a lot of stuff and we are really cramped for space on this one.

I wish there were fast BJT under 15c with hold-off Schottky built in. Is there still time to write to Santa ...?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Silly me, I should have know that speed was important here.

John

Sorry, should have mentioned that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Does the drive need to be truly DC-coupled? You could maybe do some cute stuff if the fet doesn't have to be on for a long time.

John

On a sunny day (Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:19:56 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

I dunno, but have you looked at vide output transistors like the BF720?

300V, 0.8 pF collector base. Vce sat .6V, not exactly 1 Ohm... Tell us what you want to do...

Sure, we have Sinterklaas first.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I could but then the transformed-up Cgs would hit us from behind. Looks like we might have to provide a clean and staunch 10V.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I fear these video output (and HOTransistors) will shortly be just a memory.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

But at >100mA ... phssst ... *BANG*

I can't :-(

Basically a higher voltage switcher.

Yes, I remember. So I might get my wish granted on December 6th.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:55:07 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

Ooop, 100mA, did not know that.

If you were a nice guy, else to Spain in a bag.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:54:13 -0400) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

Yes.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

A two-stage solution (N channel pulling a P channel to ground) is out of the question?

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)