Who makes this resistor?

Hi, I have in front of me some 5W power resistors. Value = 2 x 0.22 Ohms. It has 3 legs. Center leg is straight, outer legs have a bend. Size is: Thickness = 5mm, Height = 17 mm, Width = 26mm. Color = White. Material = Ceramic. Writing = first line: 5W 0.22OhmsJX2 second line: C (symbol looks like an s in a circle) and at the end of the body a sort of reversed e That's it... They are used in Dyna cord power mate amps. Who can be the manufacturer of these resistors...

Thanks,

Zilog

Reply to
VMI

Does it matter who makes them ? They are quite common in audio amps. Seem to recall that Welwyn is one company. If you need to replace one, and haven't got access to manufacturer's original parts, it's quite in order to make one up from two 5 watt 0R22 resistors, connected in series, with a third wire from the junction point.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I had to quit pulling these fron scrap Sony receivers - my parts drawers were overflowing! Sony gets about 5.00 each for them, but I only use them once in a while!

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

First to Arfa, I know that any resistor will do the electrical part but it have to be this size; the box otherwise wouldn't close! Dimensions MUST BE the same. Hence my question "Who can be the manufacturer of these resistors..."

Then to Mark: Do you have exactly the same resistors in your drawers? Can you possibly tell me "Who can be the manufacturer of these resistors..." Do you have access to a service manual of Sony? What type of receiver is it?

I hope I cleared up the particular problem of this repair and many to come, if I look at the number of repairs allready done. I do not like to be dependent of the service department of a manufacturer; I like to know where they get their components from.

Thanks any way for passing by.

Cheers,

Zilog

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

Reply to
VMI

I haven't measured mine - they're at work after all, but it sounds like they're the same. Mine mostly have leads at the top and bottom though. Handy for measurement but maybe a problem it yours are really in such tight quarters. Don't know who makes them. We also have bought similar resistors from MCM and other suppliers, no leads on top, though.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

MCM, East coast, MAT electronics, etc.

M.Kinnaird

Reply to
Michael Kinnaird

Hi folks,

I finaly got the info.

Here it is: MFG Type KRAH-RWI KRGC 55 0.22 + 0.22ohm NOBLE RGC 55 0.22 + 0.22ohm J

Thank you all,

Zilog

Reply to
VMI

Here is the 0.22 ohm X2 5W resistor from MAT:

you can order .15, .22, .33, or .47 versions.

same thing from MCM:

28%2D0540

Reply to
Michael Kinnaird

Hi Michael,

Humm, I do not seem to have a good mouse; I looked but could not find. You're mouse seems to be better. I have to buy me a Sherlock Mouse...

But no jokes, Thanks for the excact link. I saw the price, .85 Cents!!! As you know that the distributor of the amp in repair asks 10 Euro's a piece, taxes exluded! That's a bit over 15 dollars...

I ow you a beer...

Cheers,

Zilog

Michael K> Here is the 0.22 ohm X2 5W resistor from MAT:

Reply to
VMI