Can anyone see this?

I have made a few posts, but received no replies. I am beginning to think, due to some glitch, that my posts may not be visible to group members.

Can someone please let me know that they read this.

Yes, I am serious. No I am not a troll.

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Jim Porter

On a sunny day (Tue, 23 Oct 2012 21:59:25 +1100) it happened Jim Porter wrote in :

NO!

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

If I view your profile from google groups I see a post to SED on April

20th about an ultra sonic transmitter. Anything since then?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

OK on s.e.d.

 Click to see the full signature

Your glasses are on top of your head, Jan.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

On a sunny day (Tue, 23 Oct 2012 08:55:22 -0700) it happened "Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in :

Actually I ordered some *real* glasses yesterday, so I can solder better on MSOP10 packages. ebay 130606865477

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I'm a bit confused by their spec's. (see below) I see the main lens, I'll call that #3 Fixed lens magnifier. What are #4 and #5? Then there is Loupe that swings down in front of the right eye. Is that listed under Package includes;

1 x 10X Headset Loupe.

The price is great, I have two Optivisors with loupes that I've had for many years ($30 range) With the 5X lens, focal distance is 6" when I swing the loupe down focal distance is about 1'3/4"

I'm still in the market for magnifying glasses that have about an 18" focal length and 4X to 7X, and a cheap price.

  1. Fixed lens magnifier: 4X-89 x 29 mm(L x W)
  2. Flip lens magnifier: 4X-89 x 29 mm(L x W)
  3. Round Single-eye magnifier: 5X -29 mm(dia)

Package Include:

1 x 10X Headset Loupe multi-function Magnifier Lens Visor with 2 LED Light
Reply to
amdx

Thanks Guys. I guess I'll have to improve the technical quality of my posts so they attract a few replies.

This one worked :-)

Jim

Reply to
Jim Porter

Read and understood. Let the glitches rule the world!

Reply to
Robert Baer

What is he pointing at anyway? Where is is hand? Do we get to guess?

Reply to
Robert Baer

On a sunny day (Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:00:20 -0500) it happened amdx wrote in :

Right, their spec is fuzzy, but the same model is available from other sources on ebay for more money and more shipping, and they give some clearer specs (with exactly the same text). For that less than 10$ altogether I thought it is worth taking a chance. You are right about focal distance, would be nice to be further away. I have also ordered a (more expensive) loupe lamp, ebay 281002843918 no idea if it will be useful, but if not does not look bad as desk light... I like the fluorescent, better than just a few LEDs.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:00:20 -0500) it happened amdx wrote in :

It came today, and I have already used it. There is an extra flip down stereo lens mounted inside. With all 3 lenses I get about 3.5 cm, with the flip lens up 4.5 cm With the one eye lens removed I get about 22 cm, with the flip up lens plus normal I get about 15 cm. Not very precisely measured, just with a ruler for sharpest image. Mostly you likely will not use the extra lenses, those are good for close inspection however where you can pick up the item and hold it in front of the lens.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje