OT: This is why there are "denialists"...

He will likely do a great deal of damage to this country; I can't say whether that prospect pleases him or not. My personal financial success isn't threatened; I can always offshore my manufacturing if I'm forced to. It's the "working class" that he's the biggest threat to, people who need jobs and need to spend most of what they make.

What do you do? I've asked before, and you didn't answer.

John

Don't be silly. The rich are clever and mobile and have the best lawyers money can buy. But a determined enough effort can indeed destroy everybody's wealth and jobs. Cap and Trade will go a long way towards destroying what few good manufacturing jobs remain in this country. And inflation will rob the savings of anybody so dumb as to keep their assets in US banks... which smart rich people won't do.

Class warfare is like any warfare... it destroys all the players.

What do you do? Do you contribute? You sound like one of those people who think that the best thing to do is to tax anybody but yourself.

John

massive

until

still

and

curb

Christmas

awhile...

everything... and still is.

Tell that to the East Germans and the Poles and the Czechs.

John

He trolls a lot of newsgroups.

Michael A. Terrell

If Obama does not succeed, you will suffer...there is no where to hide.

This is the New Normal.

Apparently you haven't figured that out yet.

I will give you a hint...how are sales doing?

What do I do...I am a businessman.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

at

e?

nd

al

's

LOL...Michael, as a child did you go around making up lies about the other children on the playground?

I bet you got beat up a lot for doing it.

Is that what made you the winger you are today?

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

As for how successful Obama will or will not be...none of us know yet.

We have yet to reach the bottom of the Bush Depression.

Anyone with any wealth is hoping that Obama will succeed.

Those who have nothing are the ones who wish him to fail.

I would recommend remembering this when you read various posts on Usenet.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

ian

a massive

warming

asn't

ished until

are still

avors and

ng to curb

Christmas

or awhile...

p.html

e read

will

/AR200...

ls.

ner

worst.

ything... and still is.

Eastern Europe would have changed without Reagan...they just ran out of money.

A lesson from history that the United States should consider carefully these days.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

SNIP

So you getting ill at school in 1956 means a ratio of 40:1 is realistic for the US in 2009.

At last we can see the quality of your analytical skills.

Reply to
Raveninghorde

The rich never run out of options. The smart thing to do is to structure incentives so that the rich are encouraged to use their assets to help the society in general. The stupid thing is to attack them out of jealousy.

Which are you, smart or stupid? Do you want to do what feels good, or do you want to do what helps the most people?

What's your opinion on O's proposal to tax employee health benefits? Do you want that to "succeed"? Do you know why he wants to do it?

How about eliminating tax deductions for charitable contributions? Same questions. Please answer.

You can't go after the "offshore accounts" of Korean ship builders or Chinese clothing factories, after you have destroyed their US competitors.

I could easily move my manufacturing to some beautiful island and export a lot of earnings, perfectly legally. Multinationals can allocate resources and move jobs wherever they're most efficient. It's a world economy, and it's easy to chase companies and jobs away. California is an excellent model for how to do it.

What sort of "business" do you do? Does it have anything to do with electronics?

John

massive

warming

finished until

still

favors and

to curb

Christmas

awhile...

read

worst.

everything... and still is.

Funny coincidence that the Wall came down after RR demanded that it come down. Funny coincidence that JFK let it go up.

"John F. Kennedy had acknowledged in a speech on July 25, 1961,[21] that the United States could hope to defend only West Berliners and West Germans; to attempt to stand up for East Germans would result only in an embarrassing downfall. Accordingly, the administration made polite protests at length via the usual channels, but without fervour, even though it was a violation of the postwar Potsdam Agreements, which gave the United Kingdom, France and the United States a say over the administration of the whole of Berlin. Indeed, a few months after the barbed wire was erected, the U.S. government informed the Soviet government that it accepted the Wall as "a fact of international life" and would not challenge it by force."

Gutless creep.

-

Yes. Doormats get trampled.

John

tarian

on a massive

al warming

e hasn't

finished until

ts are still

t favors and

thing to curb

e a Christmas

g for awhile...

-cap.html

have read

ll will

bs.

/24/AR200...

fools.

winner

in

ous

nly

he worst.

our

verything... and still is.

The Wall came down because East Germany ran out of money...because the Soviet Union quit subsidizing it.

It is as simple as that.

If Carter had been President, the same result would have occurred.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

winner

Pension funds. 401K plans. College endowments. Homeowners. Businesses like GE and Textron and a zillion banks who forgot their core functions and decided to play the market.

And it's actually the Clinton depression. He set it up and it took a while to play out.

Look it up. Look up "control theory" and "time constant" while you're at it.

"Market" nowadays increasingly means imports. Imports implies jobs somewhere else, and huge trade deficits. Well, we will inflate away most of the money we owe the Chinese, which I suppose is one consolation.

Not unless we violate a bunch of treaties and are willing to start a trade war... neither of which nobody actually has the guts or stupidity to do.

I'm doing fine and having fun. But I care about people who aren't... in the long term.

What business are you in? How's it doing?

John

Libertarian

massive

warming

hasn't

finished until

are still

favors and

nothing to curb

Christmas

for awhile...

read

will

fools.

winner

worst.

everything... and still is.

Because *they* ran out of money. Know why?

Carter? What a joke. National Malaise. Stagflation. Misery Index. All great inventions from a peanut farmer/failed "nucular" engineer. Look up the history of the Iran embassy hostage thing... especially how it ended.

John

I'm not a Republican and - please - I have almost nothing in common with Jim.

C+T is a boondoggle in Europe already. Carbon credits have also become a very volatile trading market, which makes it hard for businesses to plan, and makes a lot of money for the speculators.

I design and sell electronics that works. You do neither. Apply your massive intellect and do something.

John

tarian

on a massive

al warming

e hasn't

finished until

ts are still

t favors and

thing to curb

e a Christmas

g for awhile...

-cap.html

have read

ll will

bs.

/24/AR200...

fools.

winner

in

ous

nly

he worst.

our

verything... and still is.

As tramplngs go, the Berlin Wall didn't leave that many scars on the NATO allies. Kennedy might have been a light-weight, but his staff could do the kind of cost-benefit analysis that seems to be beyond you. For Cuba, where the stakes were a little higher, he looked less like a doormat

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ian

a massive

warming

asn't

ished until

are still

avors and

ng to curb

Christmas

or awhile...

p.html

e read

will

/AR200...

ls.

ner

worst.

ything... and still is.

Regan was there when the evil empire imploded. He may even have made a minor contributed to its implosion, by being civil to Gorbachov, but coincidence doesn't imply causation - Regan isn't remotely in the Roosevelt-Eisenhower class.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Have you got a more recent example? One hopes that it is easier, quicker and cheaper to detect the swine flu virus in body fluids than it was in 1956, but I doubt that general practitioners are visiting every one of their patients who comes down with mild flu, taking samples and sending them in to get the virus identified.

My example is certainly out of date and for quite the wrong country - Tasmania had a pretyy good approximation to unversal health care back then, and was rather more conscious of the risks of infectious disease epidemics that the US is even now, having then suffered a recent epidemic of juvenile poliomyelitis, so they probably did at least as well as the US does now, despite the technology gap.

Would you like to parade your analytical skills by presenting your own reasoned discussion of why you think a 40:1 ratio is unrealistically high?

A visceral prejudice against computer models doesn't really cut the mustard.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

And who exactly is suggesting that. Stated policies, plans etc. Perhaps you could tell us also how much the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars cost and what they achieved other than Arab hatred for the USA ?

Graham

due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

So kill the rich vs poor class system them.