OT: This is why there are "denialists"...

G W Bush created quite a fiasco ( understatement ) and stayed in power for a 2nd term..

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

As originally intended as opposed to amended I presume. Patriot Act anyone ? The very name smacks of State Rule over everything, Stasi style.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

developers

Warmingism is a religious clut. There's no room for facts in their dogma.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Fine. What we need, instead of banning smoking all over the place, is for joints who want to exclude smokers to go ahead and exclude smokers, and for joints that accommodate smokers to post a sign at the door:

***************************************************** ** CAUTION!!!! PEOPLE SMOKE IN HERE!!! ** ** IF YOU DON'T LIKE SMOKE, STAY THE FUCK OUT!!! ** *****************************************************

Would that be fair enough?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Of course they do! That's the nature of the illness! How could I expect any of their pronouncements to contain any reason?

" ... A global financial crisis has politicians taking a harder look at the science that would require them to hamstring their economies to rein in carbon."

A breath of fresh air here? An upside to the crash? >:->

Frankly, knowing that this is true gives me a feeling much like what the Kevin McCarthy character in the original "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" must have felt in the police station when some cops came in and started talking about some truck crash with "some kind of seed pods" strewn about.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

[graphic]

Not long ago, I saw an article on "edjamacational" TeeVee where they played the same old greenhouse tape, where the IR gets trapped under the glass, and it gets hot.

From that, they extrapolate to "global warming". There's one glaring misunderstanding here:

THE ATMOSPHERE IS NOT A GIANT PANE OF SOLID GLASS!

Ever heard of convection?

And they always ignore clouds.

Feh. Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Yes, the House passed a bill that nobody has read.

John

I didn't catch details... a streaming "headline" at the bottom of the TV screen... the Acorn investigation has been halted at the behest of "the powers that be"... the end of the USA as we know it :-(

...Jim Thompson

Gourmet Puzzles:

        What part of the fish are the "sticks"?

        Likewise where are the chicken "fingers" located?

We're leaving summer right now, too.

Reply to
krw

Certainly AGW is over. The "climate" bill passed the House today. Tomorrow Obama bin Biden will claim credit for ending AGW. All done.

Reply to
krw

Government won, too.

Reply to
krw

I watch my electric bills, just like I watch my car gas mileage, for any changes that might indicate A/C service needs.

So it jumped out at me... around 15% less kWh this "season".

...Jim Thompson

Gourmet Puzzles:

        What part of the fish are the "sticks"?

        Likewise where are the chicken "fingers" located?

In , R. T. D. Libertarian wrote in part:

They do consider these in models. It's not hard to find mention of "lapse rate feedback" and "cloud albedo feedback" (or similar phrases).

One example:

especially on pages 630 and 631 (pages 42 and 43 of this PDF).

Don Klipstein

awhile...

SOunds like "Global Warming" has kicked into high gear. Does Slowman know?

Reply to
krw

til

rb

as

e...

.

LOL...you need to rewatch some of Bush's old speeches.

You may have to watch several before finding one where he speaks in complete sentences.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

ve

ntil

ll

nd

urb

mas

le...

..

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 | =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

No...the biggest winners are the American people..if he can fix the Bush disasters.

If not, we all lose...all of us...including you.

Logic would indicate that all of us..including you...should hope that he is successful.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

he

LOL...what's up with you Michael..you act like you want to pick a fight?

Go ahead...make my day and pick one with me.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

I thought your title "OT: This is why there are "denialists"... " was about the Republican Party.

It is.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

ntil

ll

nd

urb

mas

You watch TV programs at the level you can follow, and they do have to skimp on the detail.

Yes, and so has every climatologist alive today..

Actually, they don't, but clouds make the explanations a little too complicated for the idiot channel.

Face it, Rich, there is good science behind anthropogenic global warming, but you don't know nearly enough to be able to appreciate it. Be a good little idiot and leave it to the grown-ups, or a least do us the courtesy of signing you comments on the subject with "Rich, the fracticious four-year-old".

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

They won't lose as much as the wage-payers, who were doing very well out of the recent bubble-economy, and lost even more when it burst. Obama's interventions will help them - and much more than they deserve

- but leaving them to their well-earned bankruptcies is incompatible with keeping the economy more or less ticking over.

And any number of other crumbling antiques. Even the English, who last seriously reformed their system of government in the 1850's, were less exposed to the bursting of the bubble, while the Germans, who had their constitution reworked from the ground up in 1950, are doing quite a bit better.

Antiques are nice to look at, but you don't use a horse and buggy to get to work.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman