OT: This is why there are "denialists"...

Successful at the things he's trying to do? Put us $15 trillion in debt? Destroy US industry? Launch a massive Cap+Trade pork boondoggle? Destroy US investment? Top Jimmy Carter's "Misery Index" record? Spend tens of trillions on medical "reform" without even addressing the real cost issues?

What he has done so far is turn Congress loose to do his thinking and his policy making for him; about all he's done is tell them "go spend with my blessing."

He's an amateur lawyer and an amateur politician and knows almost nothing about real life. His talents peak at charisma and reading teleprompters. He's broken most of his campaign promises already. He's an idiot; wait and see.

What do you do for a living? I'd like to know what you consider "logic" to mean.

John

The problem is AGW is based on models not data.

Here is another example of modelling:

The US has 27,000 confirmed or probable cases of flu. So health officials say it has been at least a million cases based on models.

No need to worry then. The death rate is only 0.013% not the measured

0.5%.

The models are of course right, they come out of a computer. I must get back to looking for software bugs.

Reply to
Raveninghorde

Multiplying that debt by a factor of 10 or 20 is a better idea? Please explain.

A small minority of the US population pays most of the taxes; look it up. About 40% have zero or negative Federal taxes.

States have shown that taxing the rich makes them move to other states, taking their businesses and jobs with them. It works on the international level just as well.

But nobody will actually "pay for that bill." The Feds will print money and inflate the debt out of existence. That will steal everybody's savings and dilute their pensions and insurance value.

Buy real estate or design killer products, because those things will track inflation. But don't die, because the feds will confiscate it all.

John

Too many people who vote seem to prefer oratory skills and glamorous wives to principles. The most charismatic and smoothest talking Presidents have been the worst. Except for Carter, of course, who was astoundingly bad at almost everything... and still is.

I'm thinking that history will be a lot kinder to W than to O.

John

These

that

eyes

directly

for

No where near strongly enough worded. You need to add the threat of violent enforcement. Also state clearly "Private Property, permission to occupy or pass controlled by owner."

Reply to
JosephKK
[snip]

Maybe. But the way the anti smoking laws have been implemented are as a workplace issue. The state claims to have an interest in the health of the employees working in a club or bar (through their worker's disability insurance program). So you could have a room where you could go and smoke. But no employees could venture in there to serve drinks, food, etc.

--
Paul Hovnanian  paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

Granted, such programs can and do distort free markets. But their up side is that they can be adjusted as more is learned about the true cost of these gasses.

Science is changing what we know about AGW all the time. Personally, I thing that there is something to the claims. But I don't think that we are anywhere near being able quantify its effects. So anything that will make it easy to go back in later and make adjustments (in either direction) is better than an absolute regulation.

--
Paul Hovnanian  paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

ntil

ll

nd

urb

mas

Steve Fielding is the sole representative of the "Family First" party in the Australian Senate.

To put ti kindly, he doesn't know much about climate change, but he does know where he can harvest cheap votes from the gullible ignorant.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ve

ng

until

till

and

curb

stmas

le...

me to

Steve Fields opinins on climate change have about as much authority as yours.

As "nails in coffins" go, this one is made of butter.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ive

ing

d until

still

s and

o curb

istmas

ile...

ime to

You are thinking that Obama is the same kind of idiot that Dubbya was. You can hope to see Obama putting on the ecological equivalent of flak jacket and making some kind of fatuous declaration of victor from the top of a windmll, but it is unlikely to happen in your lifetime, or at all.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

e...

Don't worry Rich - the Australian idiot that John Larkin was quoting as his authority knows about as much about global warming as you do. He is the sole representative of the "Family First" party in the Australian Senate, which is to say he knows how to milk issues that he can sell to ignorant idiots.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

.

False - the models are used to make sense of the data. Ravinghorde hasn't got a clue about the subject, so he feels free to make silly claims.

Most people who get mild flu don't bother telling their doctors about it, so these are never even reported, let alone investigated to the point where they can be classified as confirmed or probable.

Back in 1956, when my whole school went down with Asian flu, six of the six pupils were actually tested for the virus and I was the only one who tested positive out of some hundred people who all got sick at more or less the same time with more or less the same symptoms. The US figures represents a 40:1 ratio, which doesn't strike me as unrealistic.

You might put in some work on your own thinking Your brain seems to be seriously under-maintained.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

The banks did that.Obama has just managed the economy to minimise the consequent damage - the method he has chosen doesn't apeal to rich Republicans like you and Jim who'd prefer a 1930-style Great Depression were you could buy up all your competitors for ten cents on the dollar, but howling and waving your rattles aren't going to persuade the adults to do it your way.

The basic idea is sort of okay. The pork boondoggle aspect has to do with the foolish way you run your society, where your elected representatives are more interested in serving their rich constituents (who pay for their election campaigns) than they are in serving the less well-off voters they theoretically represent.

You've got bankers for that, and they did pretty well.

Your banking sector got there first.

al

Which are?

It's called listening to expert advice. Republicans don't do it - Regan listened to hs wife's astrologer, and Bush listened to Chemney.

So different from George W. Bush Jnr ...

That does seems to be want you want in a president.

Such as?

But not as much of an idiot as hs predecessor.

We know what you do for a living, and we know what you use in place of logic.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Another scientific view on the current events. ... On May 2, Chile's Chaiten Volcano released a gigantic cloud of emissions composed of ash, steam, smoke, and various oddball gases whose estimated amount equals to one trillion cow farts, a UN-sponsored climate change study revealed. "In just one day, this volcano set the Kyoto Protocol back 15 years, obliterating the otherwise outstanding success of our multi-billion dollar efforts to curb the release of cow farts into the atmosphere," complained Chairman of Intergovernmental Panel on Cow Farts (IPCF) Rajendra K. Pachauri at an emergency conference at Grand Plaza Hotel in New York yesterday. "Therefore, we demand that this eruption be considered unscientific and thus disqualified from inclusion into climate change models. Need I mention that it wasn't sanctioned by the the United Nations?" ...

--
Andrew
Reply to

LEt's remember some of the recevnt events ... Volcano Releases One Trillion Cow Farts Into Atmosphere

On May 2, Chile's Chaiten Volcano released a gigantic cloud of emissions composed of ash, steam, smoke, and various oddball gases whose estimated amount equals to one trillion cow farts, a UN-sponsored climate change study revealed.

"In just one day, this volcano set the Kyoto Protocol back 15 years, obliterating the otherwise outstanding success of our multi-billion dollar efforts to curb the release of cow farts into the atmosphere,"

complained Chairman of Intergovernmental Panel on Cow Farts (IPCF) Rajendra K. Pachauri at an emergency conference at Grand Plaza Hotel in New York yesterday. "Therefore, we demand that this eruption be considered unscientific and thus disqualified from inclusion into climate change models. Need I mention that it wasn't sanctioned by the the United Nations?" ...

It should be clear to all Progressive People that Chile needs to purchase credits under the International Cap and Trade program.

After all it happens on their territory.

--
Andrew
Reply to

sive

ng

until

till

and

curb

stmas

hile...

0...

Dubbya couldn't do oratory, didn't have a glamorous wife, and his only principle seemed to be too look after his rich friends. Obama has to be an improvement.

.

Regan was famously fluent. He didn't have an idea of his own, but your crowd seemed to like him.

g... and still is.

Comapredwith Dubbya?

If Obama screws up badly enough for this foolish wish to come true, you probably won't survive to gloat.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

As I said, as an American citizen (and hopefully taxpayer) you had better to pray to the God of your choice that he is successful.

His success or failure will determine your future financial success.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

sive

ng

until

till

and

curb

stmas

hile...

0...

History is showing that Carter was a very good President.

And history will be incredibly brutal with George "The Village Idiot" Bush Jr.

Historians in the future will still be paying the bill for George Bush's stupidity.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

_MASK_i?a63jfAD$z_ snipped-for-privacy@t13g2000yqt.googlegroups.com...

is

udy

ra

s?"

Are you hinting that we should have thrown all conservatives into the volcano as sacrifices to the Kyoto Gods?

It would be a great idea but we couldn't find any conservative virgins.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

assive

ming

't

ed until

still

rs and

to curb

ristmas

awhile...

tml

ead

200...

st.

ing... and still is.

Reagan was an actor.

He was much less a President than most conservatives realize.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools