OT: Taxing shituation

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:13:44 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:\

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Well, there will be a lot of angry Chinese when they find out their US treasury investments aren't worth as much as the excess SS funds. They might burn the mattress.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

Yes, as long as you added enough Rid-X and water. If they built a dome over it first, they could recover enough methane to pay for everything. :)

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How is subtraction new math?

Reply to
krw

Somalia has low taxes and almost no interfering government. Why don't you take your "investment newsletter" and move there?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Les, Are you an heir to the massive Cargill estate?

Reply to
Greegor

AIUI Social Security was only ever a tax--there was never a "fund."

When FDR's lawyers litigated it before the Supreme Court, they argued that SS was constitutional *because* it was a tax, and *not* insurance.

They did that because, you see, everyone agreed that forcing Americans to buy insurance was unconstitutional.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

.AIUI Social Security was only ever a tax--there was never a "fund." . .When FDR's lawyers litigated it before the Supreme Court, they argued .that SS was constitutional *because* it was a tax, and *not* .insurance. . .They did that because, you see, everyone agreed that forcing Americans .to buy .insurance was unconstitutional.

Exactly what they are doing with health care.

Reply to
tm

4

The taxes aren't so much the problem as the spending--doubling everyone's income tax would still not come close to funding the deficit.

Last year, revenues from personal income tax were $900B and the deficit was $1.4T, so doubling everyone's taxes would still leave us $500B short. (This year is shaping up about the same.)

For every dollar in revenue we spent $1.67. That means your real tax was effectively 67% higher, since you'll be paying that back later, plus interest.

Last weekend the President said his tax hike on high-earners would garner $70B a year, and blamed the current fiscal disaster on lack of that revenue. Methinks his calculator's busted...the deficit was $1,400B; $70B is but 5% of that. (Oh, and other sources estimate 30- odd billion, not 70.)

It's a nasty pickle.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

It is. And given that all the Republicans managed to do under Bush was to lower taxes and keep spending money like drunken sailors, I don't have much faith in either party's ability to get us out of it.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

You should be hunted down and frisked like Koresh was.

Burn you, and your family OUT of that illegal weapon filled hovel you have there.

Damned shame if they wiped you and your entire bloodline out in the process. NOT!

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

I used to repair the special equipment for some classrooms for children with learning disabilities. They had two teachers for a dozen kids. The other kids were 30 to 36 per classroom with one teacher. Now, they think 20 kids are too many in a classroom.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

This?

I got the "Creeple People" set a few years later, a counterpart to creepy crawlers which came with a small HOT PLATE sized for the zinc or pot metal molds.

The "gobbledy goop" came in a bottle roughly resembling Elmers glue, and there was even "off brand" (non-Mattel) goop sold.

The stuff seemed very similar to the thermoset vinyl dispersion (Plastisol) plastic used to dip/coat handles of pliers or other tools except in more and translucent colors.

The Creeple People things folded to make a head to put on top of a pencil like an enlarged eraser.

I sold them to other kids in school and paid for more goop and more molds until the school put a stop to it.

Prior to your comment I had no idea that the vacu-form stuff was a predecessor to the gobbledy goop Thingmaker stuff I used.

Amusingly I got to use a larger industrial Vacuum Forming machine in a college plastics class many years later.

Reply to
Greegor

krw > Unlike many corporate pensions, there is krw > no actuarially sound fund behind them.

Haven't corporate pensions been getting plundered and destroyed left and right?

Or did they pass laws to prevent that when that big rash of pension plundering got going?

Reply to
Greegor

On Sep 30, 10:52=A0pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: JA > AIUI Social Security was only ever a tax--there was never a "fund." JA >

JA > When FDR's lawyers litigated it before the Supreme JA > Court, they argued that SS was constitutional JA > *because* it was a tax, and *not* insurance. JA >

JA > They did that because, you see, everyone agreed JA > that forcing Americans to buy insurance was JA > unconstitutional.

LOL

But that's not how Social Security was sold to the working public originally, was it?

Reply to
Greegor

krw > I made pipe bombs out of thinwall conduit, too. krw >=A0They never went off prematurely, obviously. =A0;-)

Archie > You should be hunted down and frisked like Koresh was. Archie >

Archie > Burn you, and your family OUT of that illegal Archie > weapon filled hovel you have there. Archie >

Archie > Damned shame if they wiped you and your Archie > entire bloodline out in the process. =A0NOT!

You KNOW this is going on your assessment, Archie!

Reply to
Greegor

ome

if

dy

wer

ns

8.4

ng

ate

,

't

Lots of "Republicans" were in fact "progressives". Historically progressivism actually started with Republicans but eventually that became a Democratic party theme and Republicans became closer to economic conservatism long ago.

How did the republican Party end up with so many RINO's (Republican In Name Only) who are actually PROGRESSIVES.

BOTH parties have slid to the left and into larger government and oppressive STATEISM.

I saw some mention the other day that some military think tank or leader said that our national debt is becoming a threat to our national defense.

I saw that and joked " DUH!? ".

Did we really have to be TOLD that??

Was it not obvious?

Reply to
Greegor

Said the dumbfucktard that knows little or less than nothing about my history with the krw abuse engine.

So f*ck you... again... as usual, f*****ad. He can f*ck off and die as well.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Yes. Now the only ones allowed to pension plunder are your elected representatives and their unelected bureaucrat minions.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Well, duh! No shit, sherlock! How long did it take you to come to your senses?

Of _COURSE_ China is going to foreclose when the Obammunism bankrupts America.

Sheesh! How can anybody be so blind as to not see the obvious?