OT: Taxing shituation

The Chinese have about as much chance of invading the US as France does. Probably less, as the French still have an aircraft carrier:

The more likely doomsday scenario (not to say it's a likely scenario!) would be like the old Soviet Union- collapse entirely from within and nobody much outside really cares.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

We're on our way :-(

In a way it might be a good thing... reset all "values" to realism, in the chaos kill off all the bureaucrats. ...Jim Thompson

               I can see November from my house :-)

Jim,

It is a very naive idea to think that you will be able to outstay the hard times in some comfortable place. In fact, people like you will be hurt most. As for bureaucracy, *all* revolutions only increased it while taking away freedoms in the name of the better future.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Is killing the only thing you can think of? Murder is bad, you know.

Be careful what you ask for.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

oh i don't having anything against religious nuts as long as they don't rape the wife, molest the kids and pay the rent on time!

Reply to
jim

You all forget that I'm actually a West Virginia country boy turned MIT graduate. I won't be hurt most. I have real family and estate to live upon in the very defendable hills of West Virginia. Those of you that have only been "city slickers" and mommy's boys are the ones looking forward to the infamous "pole up your ass" and 9mm in the back of the head. ...Jim Thompson

               I can see November from my house :-)

And I think I could really enjoy killing liberals... I certainly have no compunctions :-) ...Jim Thompson

               I can see November from my house :-)

)

=A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

quoted text -

As in WV the deliverance =93squeal like a pig=94 types?

If so I guess that explains the reference to the young bucks!

Reply to
jim

)

=A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

quoted text -

What=92s worse in your book, liberals or pseudo Americans?

Reply to
jim

Oh, Dimmie, you're just jealous. Don't worry, I won't bother during hamper time.

I'm sure you never did anything as a kid, other than play in mommy's hamper, of course.

Put that stiffie away now, li'l Dimmie. It's time for you to put mommy's computer away and get in her bed.

Reply to
krw

Aw, little Dimmie is pouting. Isn't that cute.

Mommy's going to wash your mouth out with soap if you don't watch your words, Dimmie.

Reply to
krw

Would have. That's why I didn't correct him. ;-)

Reply to
krw

That is *NOT* what we were talking about. Look three paragraphs up. Start with "SS excess funds". They were loaned *BY* the government *TO* the government, which promptly spent it (government can't do anything else) and then claimed since they had given themselves an IOU they still had the money.

Reply to
krw

Naw, that was Georgia (filmed in Georgia and South Carolina).

He still has his first buck, but it's old.

Reply to
krw

??? I guess so.

Reply to
krw

In Vermont, just before I left, I did a long browse through the state web site. Their student to teacher ratio was pegged at 1:13 but they also had one non-teaching "teacher" for every two teachers *AND* one teacher's aid for every two teachers. That makes their student to teacher ratio more like

1:6.5, STATE WIDE. ...and that did not include administrators. The report vanished soon after that. It's no wonder property taxes were 4x what they are here.
Reply to
krw

Yes, we could do that, if inflation stays low and the mattress money retains some value at a loss of 3 or 4% a year. But we still have the welfare problem for those who refuse to save anything, or make risky investments and go broke.

What do we do with those people who make big investment mistakes and end up broke and homeless?

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

And why the schools are so bad. Too many kooks spoil the students, after all. :(

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

why?