OT: Sad Days for America and the World- Four More Years of Hell

wide margin".

Yes, if...

You forgot to mention oil, of which they have plenty.

Yep, but my impression was that this is not limited to newsgroups. Its usually not direct, but its the "we're the best" attitude you always sense down there somewhere. We sense this and it bothers us.

Sometimes they infiltrate slim and later start inflating beyond recognition :)

Your friends are mostly engineers so this is a bad example. It has been in the papers a few years ago that about 90% of Americans never leave the US. Can't find the source at this point, though.

It is my belief that anyone traveling to at least a couple different places gets a much better understanding of other cultures and sees things in a better perspective.

SioL

And are you allowed to go to Cuba - or is it a criminal offence ?

Reply to
richard mullens

At 6 I was taking apart my dad's typewriter to figure how it worked. He wasn't much amused, but learned to keep me interested in other things. WW-II avionics (complete with gyroscopes) made for many hours of investigation and saved the lives of countless typewriters. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

He and Sloman never get out of it.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Or Canada. I know several who have come back with winter tans after visiting sunny, tropical, Canuckistan.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Come on, Brian. What about the UN Human Rights Comission? The Sudan is such a fine upstanding place.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Wait a minute! I though Bloggs and Sloman were the same person. Sheesh! Now you're saying Bemelman is another sock from the same drawer?

--
 Keith
Reply to

It mattered to Bobby Fischer - who is being held in Japan pending extradition to the USA - at least I think that is his current status. If America decides that they don't like someone, then they'll go to the lengths of invading another country just to get them.

Well, I am not versed in the nuances of US/Cuban politics, but it seems like a very long time to hold a grudge, and didn't Bush just impose some kind of limit on transferring money to Cuban people ? Why can't the Americans get on with other people ?

Reply to
richard mullens

to the USA - at least I think that is his current

It just seems like a nasty trait never to forgive and forget. Mind you the UK is just the same eg the "great train robber" Ronald Biggs.

Reply to
richard mullens

I don't know just how fat they must have their heads up their a$$e$ to believe that crap!

Reply to
Brian

So, then, what do you think France is going to do about Turkey?

John

Perhaps more jails need to be built to accommodate the people who are slipping through the net.

Reply to
richard mullens

to the USA - at least >I think that is his current

lengths of >invading >another country just to get

very long time to >hold a grudge,

can't the Americans get >on with other people ?

There's a lot of us about !

Reply to
richard mullens

to the USA - at least >I think that is his current

lengths of >invading >another country just to get

very long time to >hold a grudge,

can't the Americans get >on with other people ?

It seems that there is just a rump of rascals left willing to support US foreign policy !

Reply to
richard mullens

Yep, and many do nowadays, here and there in the US. Such a pity. Mingling with the locals is much more rewarding.

I just remembered, the Norvegians are much more diverse than you'd think, they're very open and tolerant to immigrants and indeed you can see all kinds of people there, black, indian...

SioL

That's right, you could start with these two killed in Mosul - and their children now orphans:-

And you can see the transparent electoral abuse at

where expat iraqis are preparing to vote in America.

Reply to
richard mullens

Sounds delicious, or at least better than a serving of "annuaire téléphonique frit".

With a right-wing government like Chirac's in power, it might be a hard sell. Maybe the US could set a good example and grant every Iraqi citizen the right to live and work in the US? That wouldn't be controversial, would it? ;-) And not something like Thatcher's worthless BNO passports to nowhere.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Germans? Are they moving to France? Why?

John

Actually, the tradition is to have a house worth $250K, a mortgage for $125K, a home equity loan for $100K, and then $50K in credit card bills. Throw in a $30K car, a $25K SUV for the wife, and an income that just lets you pay the minimum payments on everything and you see where the problem is. There are a lot of people like my parents out there...

Me, I have a $170K mortgage on a house worth $550K, and that's it. Pay off all my cards every month, and a credit score so high it makes car salesmen salivate. Of course, I drive a 2000 Saturn...

--
Charlie
--

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin wrote (in ) about 'Sad Days for America and the World- Four More Years of Hell', on Mon, 24 Jan 2005:

Fricassee de dindon aux asperges, marrons et coeurs de palmier?

John Woodgate