OT: Sad Days for America and the World- Four More Years of Hell

USF is a radical liberation-theology Catholic school; they're so far left of the mainstream that they feud with the local Jesuits over doctrine. I've never heard of them doing anything useful. But they will furnish all the juicy anti-Western quotes anybody might reasonably need. Beautiful campus on the top of a hill, though, worth the hike if you're in Da City.

John

Because it is quaint. Rustic perhaps. Old World. But the

the outsiders and like-thinkers whine more? Why? Simply

What they are entitled to is to create their own wealth. What we should do is help them.

in the

is further

wide margin".

It's easy for Norway to have a high standard of living. They have a homogenous population, lots of technology, and virtually no need for defense. The US has a hugely diverse population, tens of millions of foreign-born non-English speaking immigrants, and has spent trillions defending Europe, Japan, and South Korea. If you were to slice out the second+generation US-born segment of the population, the living standard rating would move way up. And the US would be just as dull and contented and white as Norway.

are a lot

Newsgroups allow people to be arrogant. It's a sport, it ain't real life.

Not me. My cutoff limit is 100 pounds.

Americans travel a lot. But the country is huge and diverse, so there's lots to see and do here without having to buy plane tickets and travel overseas. I don't think I know anybody my age who hasn't traveled a lot of the world. I know a lot of people who have lived in Europe or Asia or South America for a year or more. Why do I hear Europeans complaining about all those damned American tourists?

John

wide margin".

I get the impression that German and French and Japanese people feel like their country and culture is the best. People feel that way about their cities and their sports teams. No big deal unless they get nasty about it. Actually, most Americans admire lots of things about Europe, especially their "home countries."

Differential immigration tells a tale.

"A man marries a woman expecting she will never change, and she does. A woman marries a man expecting he will change, and he doesn't."

I guess that may be true in some parts of the country, but do rural Europeans travel outside Europe a lot? Traveling to "another country" doesn't count if it's a 45 minute drive away. I know tropical vacations are popular in the winter, but we can always go to San Diego or Pensacola or somewhere if we want sun and sand. People I know travel outside the US a lot, and they're not generally engineers (I live in San Francisco, about 40 light years from Silicon Valley.)

But not if you stay at a Mariott or a Club Med; the only locals you see are the servants.

John

Yeah right sure- more bombast....

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

I know you're too dumb to have a sense of cumulative effect, and Russia maintains enough of a nuclear arsenal to pulverize the US into the stone age- so what are you really talking about...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

There has been no liberation of Iraq- people are afraid to leave their homes in many parts of the country, it is in a state of total chaos- this is not liberation.

Isn't that just like a moron to fall back on statistics like that. Well that "tiny fraction" is pushing the better part of a million people.

Assuming I was elusive, it doesn't mean I am wrong either.

Well- that's your take on things.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

That's your opinion which is losing the benefit of doubt of not coming from a delusional imbecile with every post.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Lots of people do, indirectly through Mexico usually. I don't know of anybody being prosecuted lately for it. It's standard procedure to have a "Mexican" vacation and return with nothing but "Mexico" stamped on your passport. The North Koreans and the Cubans will get shot in the back if they try to go *anywhere*.

But if you're planning to truly leave a country, it doesn't matter whether it's a criminal offense, because you're not coming back; what matters is whether they try to stop you. The US does not have such a thing as an exit visa. I do recall some small hassle trying to leave both Russia and Switzerland.

I think the US is just waiting for Castro to die. The older Cuban-Americans have too much political influence to allow much else, but they're getting older too; hence the winking at travel to Cuba. In another 10 years or so, things should be a lot different.

John

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Funny you say that. My 6 year old daughter works with computers, can program VCR's etc. At 6, I think I was eating buggers.

Reply to
Brian

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Hey John,

Are you REALLY trying to discuss World Economics to him? Your cat would probably understand better.

Reply to
Brian

So, now Russia is going to pulverize us too? Man, glad I don't live in your world of fear and hate. How do you type while hiding under your bed?

Reply to
Brian

I avoid the left coast all together. It scares me as much as the real world scares Bloggs :)

Reply to
Brian

You really aren't trying to tell me that UN stuff is believealbe? The same organization that wants to disarm the world! Heck, the UN HATES freedom! Who is a nincompoop listening to propaganda?

Reply to
Brian

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

100 pounds?!?!?!? I'd end up killing someone that size.

I'm not big on scrawny gals. I like a bit more curve to my women. And since I am tall, I like taller women. Give me a 6 foot, 165 pound Amazon woman any day!

Reply to
Brian

My God, its the "Frank" twins now! They are holding hands, ignoring facts together, spewing venom and hatred, shouting "Do as we saay, not as we do"!

Same imbeciles that want to disarm everyone, then blame the result on someone else. You guys are hopeless.

Bemelman, now there is an idiot. Defender of the Usenet. Farnk "I'm gonna send and email to abuse" Bemelman. Christ sake, you guys are children! And yes, you guys can cry about what I said tonight at your weekly circle-jerk while you discuss gun control and pushing your homosexual rights agenda. Dream of me after you smoke your dope and drift off to sleep filled with dreams of the end of the world! You prove again how liberalism is easy - requires no thinking.

Reply to
Brian

I never heard of the schmuck until yesterday- you can see he packs a small caliber brain amd is a good example of these dogmatic, evangelical, rural freaks who put that other freak back in the white house.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

"Fred Bloggs" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com...

both

Perhaps Brian can give us some numbers. That will force him to do some research. It also depends on how you count. The war between Iraq and Iran (1980-1988) has killed quite a few. Not that those numbers have upset the western world at that time.. we couldn't have cared less. Many died as a result of the trade embargo's after the 1st Gulf War, lack of simple medicines etc, who's blame is that? Nobody wanted to believe that Saddam didn't have the impressive amount of WMD's that we thought he had, and instead of finally accepting that fact, the US decided to turn the place into an

100 times greater hell. Just at the time that weapon inspectors were getting more realistic view on the amount of weapons. A bloody shame it is. Okay, the US can repair the material damage, no doubt. But that doesn't make the mistake undone. It could repair some of its international reputation by sending their war criminals to the International Court of Justice, Bush on the top of the list.

BTW, I've killfiled Brian a while ago. I have no interest in his postings. Freedom of speech is great, but I don't need to listen to these idiots.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and 'invalid' when replying by email)

to the USA - at least I think that is his current

I don't know either. But he's wanted for playing in Yugoslavia in

1992, when that was illegal, and for some passport irregularity. All Clinton's fault, of course. Something about not supporting governments engaged in genocide.

lengths of invading another country just to get

Absolutely.

very long time to hold a grudge, and didn't Bush

can't the Americans get on with other people ?

Depends on the kind of people, I guess. But you're right, Castro has held a grudge against the US practically his entire life. He actually wanted the Russians to nuke us, and felt betrayed when K pulled the missiles.

John

[snip]

to the USA - at least >I think that is his current

Hmmm? Seems he was arrested for defying UN-AUTHORIZED SANCTIONS.

of >invading >another country just to get

And he seems to be a NAZI-level anti-Semite.

very long time to >hold a grudge,

Grudge? Castro has no interest in a peaceable solution, and persists in shooting people, likes ducks in the water, if they try to escape Cuba by boat.

can't the Americans get >on with other people ?

Because YOU'RE an asshole ;-)

And probably anti-Semitic too.

...Jim Thompson

to the USA - at least I think that is his current

is just the same eg the "great train robber"

We do forgive and forget: it's a legal thing called "statute of limitations" that says how long you have to lie low before it's too late to prosecute. For tax violations, it's seven years. For murder, it's unlimited. I don't know what applies to Fischer.

We also have state and federal pardons, for various thugs and drug dealers who are friends and relatives of the Clintons. How come Bill didn't pardon him, like practically everybody else?

John