ten more years!

Why is everything always 10 years away?

John

Well, it's a good thing AGW isn't here *today*.

Reply to
krw

Well, Duke Nukem Forever finally has a release date, so who knows?

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Well, what about AoE-3? ;-)

Reply to
krw

You maturing into an actual adult mentality man is certainly at least that far off. Impossible even.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Nuclear fusion power is always 30 years away.

I don't know if you caught the KLA multi-ebeam lithography. Ebeam lithography is nothing new, but slow. KLA claims to have high speed ebeam lithography. Note that with ebeam lithography, no masks are required.

Reply to
miso

Mature? Adult?

Why?

John

Because soothsayers don't believe in Free Will?

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

In fact, electron beam lithography has been used to write masks for many years. The Cambridge Instruments Electron Beam Micro-Fabricator

10.2 that I worked on in 1984 (IIRR) was shipped off to National Semiconductor and used to make the masks for their 100K ECL that I was using a few years later.

Multi-beam electon lithography has always been a popular idea, but the vile quality of magnetic lenses has made it difficult to realise. In

1985 and 1986 I was working on a shaped beam electron-beam microfabricator that we tried to take over from Thompson-CSF, who had built a - rather crude - proof of princile machine. The brightest spark from the Thompson-CSF team, who was then happily thinking about using quadropole and hexapole elements to correct the aberrations of the regular dipole lenses, was eventually hired by KLA ...

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

On a sunny day (Tue, 08 Feb 2011 16:58:36 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

10 years job security and funding.
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Bingo!