OT: "Global Warming" vs. "Science"

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:19:41 GMT, Michael A. Terrell wrote in Msg.

A single man beating the shit out of a dozen cops? Not bad.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

If you say so. He was high on PCP, and quite violent as he kicked and punched the crap of the officers. I was surprised that none of them pulled their service revolver and shot him.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Have you looked at any of the crap that you post?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Would have been simpler for us all. That clown stayed perpetually in trouble with the law.

...Jim Thompson

Yes. He kept attacking the live end of their stun guns and beating their clubs with his head.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

It's the constipation - he's completely full of shit.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Well, there you are! They took all those measures to warm up the planet, and look where it's gotten us! ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

So, you do a signal analysis by watching 3 nanoseconds of noise, and extrapolating from there?

I don't think that's very scientific.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

OJ was acquitted because the cops were mind numbingly incompetent. Far too many US cops are - they just usually don't have to face a competent defence team.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Here is the transcript, it was on TeeVee, so it must be accurate :-)

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

He was perpetually in trouble with the law for at least 10 years before that and had been imprisoned on drug and drug related at least twice before the beating. No significant change in behavior since.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

dessert

How about baked alaska then !! that sounds hot

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

"If ..." my Butt! Every time I eat a burrito the effect could be the same!!

We can't even control a "simple", *engineered*, static but somewhat chaotic system like the electric grid - which contains nothing more exotic than inertia, coils, capacitors, losses and transmission lines.

Starting to "fix" a clearly chaotic, adaptive and *evolving* system system as "the climate" is, is just plain insane to think that "the solutions" will not cause an even bigger mess.

By all means reduce the use of fossils - but for the proper reasons, which happens to soundly founded in security-policies.

The "global warming"/Kyoto flim-flam has all the marks of a religion: "We" have sinned so "we" must pay penance - Not to God of course but to "his representatives" on earth so God *might* forgive and forget (But based on historic evidence either God did not care or his agents pocketed the money - or both - whatever).

The perfect political project - no results will show up for at least 100 years in spite of oceans of money blown on it - hell, one can make a career lasting Three Generations out of that! No effort needed, just burn money to show "progress"!!

I.O.W: The only objectively measurable effect of Kyoto will be to make a group of CO2 traders very, very rich!

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Even more so is the blind righteousness founded in religious belief!

The truly dangerous Arrogance comes from thinking that we can - and should in all future - control the climate even though we do not understand it. This has been tried on smaller scales before, resulting in disasters on smaller scales - Now we apparently need to make the mess global by dumping sulfur in the stratosfhere, seeding the oceans with iron e.t.c e.t.c..

... Instead of working on problems that we actually *can* solve, with measurable outcomes within reasonable time scales!

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

So are the consequences should the sun go nova!

The harm is that by doing all these things you will provide cheap fossil energy to your competitors - i.e. China and India - who do not give a rats arse about what happens to Long Island in about 3000 years. Then your Saudi friends might go bust - which is bad because you just "invested" USD 2,000,000,000,-- (and mounting) in keeping them boyz from harm by a nasty dictator. By burning it yourself, you keep control (and change from happening).

Now, *personally* I think that the sooner we kill our oil addiction and the entire middle east becomes merely a problem of the Chinese dealing needlessly harsh with an unruly province instead of a driver of Western policy, the better for civilisation overall!! There is also neat work to be done on fuel cells and energy storage e.t.c.

But on that I am a stranger in my own land. The US and the EU's government's certainly favours the existing state of affairs for strategic reasons.

We have to leave sometime - or we will surely and most certainly die!

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Exactly - BTW I just planted some grapes next to the terrace to hide the fencing that I cannot be bothered to paint ;-)

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

I was hearing quite a bit about global warming in the early and mid

1990's and little about global cooling.

Don Klipstein

(I snip previously quoted material)

I think that was because the weather was good. The terrorists wanted to pick a day with better weather in thair chosen and potential target areas, so I think that's the best explanation for the USA having a warm spell then.

Next-best explanation I see is that the USA had a warm spell just because warm spells and cool spells are common.

I notice how much, more like how little area these trails cover most of the minority of the time I see any at all.

Don Klipstein

Buffalo got some especially nasty snow some recent winter and wanted disaster aid. Some record of some sort was broken. Although I thought they had it about that bad in the winter of 1976-1977.

Meanwhile, the world is about .5-.6 degree C warmer its 1950-1980 average. As volatile and chaotic as weather is, I think we will still be seeing new low temperature records and snowstorm and snowfall records here and there at times at least until the world gets to maybe 1.5-2 degrees C above its 1950-1980 average.

Don Klipstein