Global warming redux

Here is a site with what seems to have more of a science take on the issue:

A least part of what makes the site interesting is that not only admit to alternate explanations they provide pointers or even links to other ideas. That sounds like real scientific attitude to me.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

Thanks for the link!

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

The Daily show last night interviewed a man who got his local school board to prohibit showing Al Gore's movie unless the science teacher who planned to show it also showed a movie with the opposing viewpoints. I was looking for a video to link to, but can't find it yet this morning. The interview was very revealing near the end.

Reply to
Richard Henry

If we have global warming, the Yellowstone eruption will take care of that, if Ca. doesn't first fall off first and then we will first have to think about the economy. The asteroid is on its way.

greg

Sure hope he's wrong. I was looking at the evidence to suggest that solar radiation is the primary cause of global warming . . . Lot harder to fix than CO2, CH4. production.

Newsgroups
default

What a worry wart - everything EAST of the San Andreas Fault will fall into the ocean.

The "economy?" well that's another matter. It is going down no matter what the scenario; politicians will see to that if a catastrophe doesn't.

Newsgroups
default

Ozone Al !

lol

Reply to
Martin Riddle

"de-fault" will make Yuma, AZ, a port city ;-)

...Jim Thompson

California isn't going to sink - the plates are moving transversely. In 50,000,000 years Los Angeles will be a suburb of San Francisco. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Oakland. San Francisco will be in Oregon.

Reply to
Richard Henry

I have been there before.

I remember one idea of theirs being that temperature readings at airport weather stations rose over the years because surrounding trees got taller.

I surely doubt better forestation of airport surroundings than before is the real or main explanation.

Don Klipstein

I've heard a similar explanation, except it wasn't trees around airports - (albeit, it might have been clear-cutting around airports) - it's because the measurement points are becoming more urbanized, with all the asphalt/ tarmac, cars, tall concrete/steel buildings, lack of ventilation, and so on, the ambient temperature _does_ increase over time.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Yes, suburban, and even more so, urban / encroaching commericialization and industrialization heat source additions is a well known (local) temperature disturbing factor since the 1960's (or earlier, can you say New York or London or Rome?).

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller