OT: Did we just win?

Yeah, like America doesn't have enough inflated clockwork Barbie dolls.

Sheesh! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

That's because Yaweh is actually Satan, and War is Bad.

People who make war are bad people. People who _allow_ war are bad people.

Thanks, Rich

--
For more information, please feel free to visit http://www.godchannel.com
Reply to

You pay more per head than we do, you don't cover everybody, and you die younger. Great scheme.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

War is certainly bad but the alternative is quite often worse.

All people are bad people. Didn't mommy tell you that no one is perfect? Of all of humanity, *YOU* should have been told!

--
  Keith
Reply to

A couple of years ago my wife gave me an Ann Coulter action figure for Christmas. Worked for me! It's right next to my GWB action figure she bought the year before. She's a keeper! ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

Yeah, but how many really FUNNY ones?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Yeah, Jim Thompson!

Silly logic though. Shorter life expectancy != worse healthcare. Think about it.

Best, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

If I'd known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Right. So First Nations (Native Americans) must get presidential grade health care then? There's a logical argument - NOT!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I'm native American. I get that you're race-baiting, but, besides that, your argument was?

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

That if better health care leads to a shorter life expectancy then First Nations people must receive the finest care available. Do they?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I don't understand the concept of 'enough' in this context.

Happily doing the work of 3 Men ... Moe, Larry & Curly
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

That's your logic, not mine. I'm sorry, apparently you don't program. The symbol means "not equal to."

A non sequitur. Most premature deaths here are due to lifestyle choices, not lack of medical care. People die early of heart disease and lung cancer from being, sedentary, overweight--causing diabetes--and smoking. The difference in life expectancy between men and women is mostly accounted for by violence, I read, i.e. teenagers killing each other.

Diabetes is especially a problem among aboriginal Americans.[1-4] The Pima tribe in AZ, eating a westernized diet, has the highest rate of diabetes in the world.[1] The portion of that same tribe that still lives in Mexico eats traditional foods, is lean and has a very low rate of diabetes.[1] Black people also have higher rates, and hence more early deaths.

Medical care can't fix any of those things. Sadly, diabetics simply don't live as long, and there ain't much anyone can do about it. Oh sure, you can lose weight and exercise, except that people don't.

Any other misconceptions you need cleared up?

Cheers, James Arthur

~~~~~~~~~~~~ [1]

[2]
[3]
[4]

dagmargoodboat

Apparently you don't. Better health care leads to a longer and happier life. Otherwise what would be the point?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

It's called "irony." Given you know what I mean by "inflated clockwork Barbie dolls", there seems to be a plethora of them, at least if you watch any TeeVee. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

"Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@doubleclick.net...

But the stupid ones are home grown.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Okay, I know better than to ask you, Homer, to explain what "better" means, or to demonstrate any knowledge of what people die from, or evidence that medical interventions can save them from self-shortened lifespans.

No it doesn't. "Better healthcare" can't save you from the effects of sitting on your ass and a poor diet, or stop you from smoking. It simply can't. And this is what most people die from these days, here.

With heroic measures and at _great_cost_, medicine can extend the shorter, miserable life you'll lead from having lived foolishly, but better healthcare can't fix those joints you wore out from being overweight, or reverse the arterial damage from the blood sugar you let run rampant all those years.

You *will* have heart attacks and strokes, hypertension, senility, kidney and liver disease, blindness, and cancers at much higher than usual rates, and drag down our longevity stats in the bargain.

The Pima are diabetic because they eat too much, and eat modern crap. That shortens their lives. Ditto for the heart-attack belt in the Deep(-fried) South, where lots of people die young. Much of both are caused by *wel*fare, not healthcare. That drags down the longevity stats. Healthcare has nothing to do with it.

Best wishes, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I'll stick to doctors.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

But the articles I posted supporting my contentions were *written by doctors*--so you're choosing to ignore their advice. But, that's expected, as you clearly don't understand bodies, disease, or the limitations of medicine, so you might as well ignore the experts. You'll lose.

While we're on the topic, why do Canadian aboriginals "have life expectancies closer to people living in developing countries than to other Canadians"[1], given Canada's universal healthcare, and your faith therein? If universal healthcare solves all, why doesn't it work for them?

Best, James Arthur

[1]
dagmargoodboat

Delivery and living homeless in cities.