OT: Did we just win?

I wish you would. You're supporting, supplying, and profiting from the very oil consumption/addiction you criticize.

Best, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

And it is US firms who are doing it.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

That's right, all your woes are caused by the US, in direct league with Satan, Coca-Cola, Royal Dutch Petroleum, and tiny moon-men you don't even know about yet. (Ooops.)

Ah, well if we're already plundering your oil, I s'pose that saves us the trouble of invading you, eh?

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

But they do want the job finished,not just "cut and run".

Not if they were MISINFORMED by the Mainstream Media.(as they were.) One could say the Democrats stole the elections,through overly biased one- sided reporting by an overwhelmingly Democrat media.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Maple syrup? Keep it, I'm diabetic. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

Maybe we should move all our Canadian auto manufacturing plants back to the US,and TRADE them cars for oil.(same for Mexico,too.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Go rent "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut"; watch it and learn, and then take a good long honest look at the mentality of the current US administration and their foreign policy, and figure it out. ;-)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

That must be depressing, tink I'll give it a miss

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

For a quick yummy salad dressing, buy a decent bottled olive oil + basalmic dressing and add finely chopped garlic and maple syrup, maybe a little taragon. Almost as good as fresh home-made.

John

I like that idea ;-)

...Jim Thompson

One could say that the Democrats won the election despite widespread voter fraud by the Republican machine.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Sure, and we'll buy all of our cars from Japan and sell you all the oil you want at $100 / bbl, after the Chinese have taken what they need.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

There is only ONE 'progressive' station in my market, which is Portland Oregon. This is a VERY liberal town -- feel free to look up the sizes of the demonstrations we muster here against Reagan, Bush, and the new Bush. In fact, our town was labeled "Little Beirut" by Bush Sr on his last visit here -- he's made only two of those kinds of mistakes and I'm sure will never be coming back here. Reagan couldn't get a single visit in without massive demonstrations within his carefully managed cicle of invitees, let alone anything else here. In addition, before going to war in Iraq, we put on a demonstration that lasted THREE DAYS with 60,000 people clogging up the freeways during business days. The population in the greater area is in excess of 1.6 million people.

In all that, just ONE such station.

No, Democrat media is a myth.

Beyond that, this last election took place with the Republicans controlling the majority of the State Governors (who can gerrymander districts until the cows come home, and have done so year after year even when they are only supposed to redistrict once each 10 years), a majority in the House, a majority in the Senate, and the Presidency. Finally, capital ownership of the media is rather centralized and we already know _their_ politics is about what's good for business. Period.

It's the highest of inane stupidity to imagine that the Democrats had any power, by comparison, to do anything at all.

However, Homer, you bring in the spectre of 'fraud', which Jim failed to do. On that score, I don't care who is involved -- Democrat, Republican, or otherwise -- they should be stopped and jailed. Period.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

If anyone, ever, in Canada, was found to have tampered with the voting system or to have engaged in dirty tricks they would not only be subject to severe criminal penalties they would be treated with scorn and loathing by all who knew them. The worst dirty trick that occurs up here is one side removing another sides' campaign signs and that is not well tolerated but is hard to stop.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

How much oil in Quebec?

--
  Keith
Reply to

Greasy Frenchies ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Dunno, but Canada and Mexico are our biggest suppliers[1]. When you hear talk of our over-dependence on "foreign oil" and how we need to break it, this is it:

1) Canada 1,850,000 bbl/day 2) Mexico 1,652,000 3) Saudi Arabia 1,477,000

Best wishes, James Arthur

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [1]

dagmargoodboat

Well, we know who's paying for *their* national health plan!

John

Send the slut back!

They're trying to teach us how to conduct a war, but we aren't learning :-(

...Jim Thompson

Because they gave us Pamela Anderson.

How much shall we charge Israel for dictating foreign policy to us?

I used to get high on life but lately I\'ve built up a resistance.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.