OT: CPU heatsink "heat pipes"

Interesting, so you called this propaganda:

'This collection -- 5,120 documents (over 14,000 pages) -- chronicles CIA involvement in the 1954 coup in Guatemala.'

Geo

Reply to
"GEO" Me

You would also call this propaganda: ?

Geo

Reply to
"GEO" Me

I doubt many Arabs would have donated to the Irish cause.

John

Are we still talking about Ireland? Was the formation of the Republic a victory?

John

I think the Merlin engine won the war. It ran on higher-octane gasoline than the Germans could get, made in Texas as I understand.

John

Dunno. They admired the Nazis, too.

John

_Slaughterhouse

the

No, I meant the gas, not the engines. There was a GM version of the Merlin, but it tended to blow up.

John

Aluminum yes, but copper is noble. Hydrogen readily reduces copper.

Tim

Tim Williams

_Slaughterhouse

part of the

more

fighter

because of

deep

convinced

necessary.

long

really

by

quota.

their gasoline

SDo why didn't they just synthesize octane?

Reply to
Richard Henry

Here's a clueless detector tip for you - you can't have a "choice" with only one option, so your entire argument is meaningless.

Obviously if it is a choice of "do you want to be tortured, or would you prefer to go home?" then few people would chose the torture. But things get a lot more difficult when you are asking "would you prefer a quick bit of torture, or ten years in jail?", or "would you prefer a single known bad guy and his army, or a country in complete chaos?", or "would you prefer to live in a dictatorship ruled by one of your own countrymen, or would you like a foreign invader to devastate your country and force their ideas upon you?", or "would you prefer the evil you know, or the evil you don't know?".

I'm no fan of Hussein, but there are a lot of people living in Iraq today who look back on his rule as the good old days. Clearly, there are some groups (such as the Kurds) that are much better off now Saddam is gone, and there are some who are much worse off, but for the majority, the best that can be said is that their lives, their fears, their hardships and their concerns for the future are "different".

And one tiny little detail about this "choice" - no one bothered to ask the Iraqi people before "freeing" them.

So what do you call people who bomb shopping malls, weddings, and random innocent people? To the victims and their relatives, it doesn't really matter if the bomb is home-made and strapped to the bomber's waist, or cost millions of dollars and is dropped from the sky.

The traditional (at least in "civilised" warfare, as popularised by the Americans during the war of independence) method is to lock up captive soldiers, treat them as humanely as possible, and releasing them as soon as the conflict is over (and didn't Bush declare the conflict to be over a couple of years ago?). You might not have heard of the Geneva Convention, but civilised countries feel it applies here.

And I don't know what sources you have, but certainly outside the USA, most people view the USA, headed by Bush, as the biggest threat to world peace, and certainly a source for fear. They might feel it is best to play along with the bully for their own safety, and even in the hope of limiting the bully's excess (and there is good cause for putting Blair in that category), but they still fear his unreasoned madness and his uncaring rage.

Reply to
David Brown

Lots more slow, lingering deaths occurred in the Japanese and German prison camps. Ending the war had a huge humanitarian value of its own.

The US proposed banning all nukes after WWII. The Soviets wouldn't have it.

John

I think it is very nice work, epecially the idea of the long return tube - HOWEVER - i would certainly look into a coolant that is *not* fairly toxic, a very good solvent for most plastics and extremely flammable (with a very wide range of concentrations where it will detonate in air). Unleaded Petrol is safer ;-))

PS:

I seem to remember that ethyl-ether can form nasty peroxides that will explode at the slightest provocation - but maybe I remember wrong.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Apparently Irish Catholic/Republican areas have an awful lot of posters of Arafat and PLO flags, particularly since the latest intifada. Why do you think they feel solidarity with the Palestinians?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

This statement is not relevant to anything.

Again, this statement is relevant to nothing.

Hahaha, please, don't get me started on that one. Things that immediately spring to mind here include segregation, Japanese detention camps during WWII........ As with most things in your neck of the woods, Your nation is good with words, long on lectures to others but very short on practicing what you preach.

actually prefer and 'chose' to be tyrannized,

Stop listening to your government's propaganda. Remember the

*weapons of mass destruction* in Iraq? They had you convinced of that too, didn't they? In your words, *"You really should diversify your sources"*.

Depends on the assets at your disposal I would imagine. Explain how it differs from the killing of approximately 100,000 Iraqi

*civilians* as of 29 Oct. 2004. Your method seems a tad colder to me. You guys did it with machines that could not be detected by radar, with aircraft traveling tens of thousands of feet above the ground and with cruise missiles based a coupla thousand miles away and out to sea. To further compound these atrocities, you folks don't even refer to these casualties as people. Your military came up with a whole new language to describe this, they are now referred to as *co-lateral damage*. I guess that sanitizes it for you huh? Makes it sound like nobody died right? Never saw a face did you? Just the sanitized footage on the 11 o'clock news with the precision (don't you wish) bombing. Just like a video game huh?

Hmmm, let's see, most of these people were pretty much picking poppies and minding their own f****ng business. Then, a few assholes in the Pentagon and a bunch of assholes on capital hill decided these people didn't bow, scrape and jump sufficiently quickly to satisfy good ol' US interests. In this particular instance, the interest being the turnover of all Taliban . So, following your logic, your nation's next move is to? Hey, let's invade and bomb the shit out of them we should actually be able to kill off between 3000-3400 civilians from Oct 2001 to Mar

2002. Gotta be a few Taliban in that mix. So, now, let me get this straight, you now consider that this was a war of some sort going on here and that these poor f****rs in your prison camp were somehow combatants. In war, intentions are normally declared. That's why it's called a *declaration of war*. You don't just sneak up behind a nation and have at it whenever it suits your purpose (I sort of remember the US getting just a little pissed when Japan pulled that stunt at Pearl Harbor).

Keerist man, you guys invaded their country. What the f*ck did you think they were gonna do, welcome you with open arms, kiss your ass like America thinks everyone should do? Ask, what's next boss and then it would be over? You want brain dead sir, you look at your own people and country.

Just out of curiosity. If this *was* a war and these folks are/were POWs, then what happened to the Geneva Convention regarding release of POWs following cessation of hostilities. Aaahh, I understand, that part doesn't apply to you guys, right?

What is the saying?? Oh yes. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" so, it follows logically that the US no longer has to follow the rules that everyone else must abide by because they *do* wield *absolute power*.

--
"ACK",
  Bill D.

" Now just look..... they\'re burning the `Porta-Potties\' "
  ........ OPUS
Reply to
Bill D.

And, a really lousy teacher it is. Why? Because invariably the

*victor* writes the history.
--
"ACK",
  Bill D.

" Now just look..... they\'re burning the `Porta-Potties\' "
  ........ OPUS
Reply to
Bill D.

Radar, prox fuze, things like that helped. Being organized helped a lot, too. The Germans and Japanese both had serious rivalry and non-cooperation issues among their various forces.

We call it The Hitler Channel.

John

tell me something after reading all this tripe....should we here in the US..think your all clones of lets say... Tony Blair? It's really weird that you connect the way Bush thinks and does things, and the rest of the population of the US thinking and acting in exactly the same way.

Spreading democracy..... hmmmmm...... well I used to ask one question, What IF 'everyone' became exactly like wasteful westerners....this planet would be dry in 1/10th of the time. So like you, where ever you are, we all don't think and act the same. I didn't vote for Bush, I do not support ANYTHING the bush regime puts into motion. It is ALL done out of greed...just like where you live. I believe that all things created in the past, constitutions, declarations...etc ect....died the day a mans handshake and word meant nothing and lawyers and professional politicians took over...EVERYWHERE.

Reply to
JAD

It is a typical smear tactic to take the actions of some individuals and attempt to blame the whole for it, which is precisely what your "the USA" play on words attempts.

To make matters worse, you use the misrepresentation to obfuscate the issue rather than illuminate.

Reply to
David Maynard

No culling of facts. These numbers reflect the civilian deaths directly caused by the detonation of two(2) nuclear devices. The rest of the history lesson is not needed.

The US has invariably bombed and and shot their way through everything leaving the tough questions until after the fact. Dropping leaflets. What a crock of shit. Nobody except

*certain* people in the US had ever seen the destruction that one of these devices was capable of and you would expect that a bunch of leaflets would convince a nation that such a *weapon of mass destruction* actually existed?

Approximately 120,000 *civilians* died *immediately* as a result of the bombings. Hardly a drop in a bucket huh?

In your blurb you say "While it was known that 'the bomb' made one hell of a big boom". Goes to show again that you guys see only what you want to see. Here, have a look at these pictures and tell me again it was just "one hell of a big boom".

Christ you're sick.

--
"ACK",
  Bill D.

" Now just look..... they\'re burning the `Porta-Potties\' "
Reply to
Bill D.

true.

No. It was the Poles.