Heat pipes

I have an application that really needs aheat pipe. One that is 2mm in diameter and about 300mm long would be ideal. Any suggestions for where to get them?

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Depends where you are. Heat-pipe-based heat sink assemblies are usually custom-made, and you need to post your geographical location if you want somebody to tell you about a supplier who is close enough to you to be useful.

The one name I can vouch for (we acknowldeged them in a published paper) is Isoterix of Woolmer, Northumberland, U.K.

The American Insititute of Physics buyer's guide lists two sources for heat pipes, one of which seems to be a mistake. The other

seems to be pretty much exactly what you want., if Menlo Park in California isn't too far away. Maybe John Larkin has used them ...

------------ Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

One supplier is Noren Products, Inc. at 650-322-9500. They're somewhere on the west coast (USA).

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

Thermalloy Aavid Redpoint etc etc. The usual suspect for heatsinks.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I tried to limit the distribution of my post to the US but I suspect It went world wide. I'm in the San Fransisco bay area.

I'll take a look at them even though they are on that side of the pond. It appears that most people want to sell me complete assemblies to cool Pentiums or the like.

I sent them an e-mail yesterday and hope to get an answer today. They look promicing.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Thanks, they are sounding good.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

"Ken Smith" a écrit dans le message de news:dhgsq0$rmr$ snipped-for-privacy@blue.rahul.net...

Learning one thing each day... How do you do that?

--
Thanks,
Fred.

I read in sci.electronics.design that Fred Bartoli wrote (in ) about 'Heat pipes', on Thu,

29 Sep 2005:

Stamped at inland rate, of course.

John Woodgate

650, if i remember correctly, is the Oakland / Bezerklee area.
Reply to
Robert Baer

The "Distribution:" header has never been properly supported, but it's been there basically forever.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

They are somewhere in the "Bay area". I called them. They seem to have what I need. They also seem to want money so perhaps we can works something out.

You never know, however. They didn't call me back, as promiced, after checking stock so they may not actually have any.

Another likely looking lead is a company called Termacore. Their web site requires you to create a user name and stuff before you can try to find out what they make. Trying to keep what you make a secret, is not a good way to get me to buy it.