OT: CPU heatsink "heat pipes"

You started it 'shit for brains' with your troll comment about someone else's sig. Which, bye the way, contains a truthful statement. A large chunk of IRA funding *was* raised in the good old US of A. There is a huge difference between stating the truth and bashing for the sake of nastiness. Take a short trip back to school and learn the difference.

Also, when (as you did) you start the shit flowing downstream, don't complain when others respond. That's half the problem you people have. You feel you have the right to dish it out but god help the son-of-a-bitch who spits back.

--
"ACK",
  Bill D.

" Now just look..... they\'re burning the `Porta-Potties\' "
  ........ OPUS
Reply to
Bill D.

Water has a very high heat of vaporization, so very little mass has to evaporate at one place and condense someplace else to transfer a lot of heat energy. Water heat pipes work well as long as the temperature is well above the freezing temperature. Vacuum is necessary to make sure the pipe contains no fluids except liquid water and water vapor. Any other gas gets in the way of the vapor flow from hotter end to cooler end.

John Popelish

newssvr11.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!newsfeed-east.nntpserver.com!nntpserver.com!statler.nntpserver.com!atl-c06.usenetserver.com!news.usenetserver.com!nf3.bellglobal.com!nf1.bellglobal.com!nf2.bellglobal.com!news20.bellglobal.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

14:59:44 EST)

sci.electronics.design:614860

--
"ACK",
  Bill D.

" Now just look..... they\'re burning the `Porta-Potties\' "
  ........ OPUS
Reply to
Bill D.

Leave it alone man. "Reading" about things outside their own sphere of existence is something they have a load of trouble with. We have a satirist who does political "in the street interviews" with politicians in the US. Would you believe they have Congressmen and Senators who can't tell you the names of the

*leaders* of the countries that are some of the *best friends* of the US. You actually expect them to know and understand what Britain has been doing in Northern Ireland all this time? I shouldn't think so.
--
"ACK",
  Bill D.

" Now just look..... they\'re burning the `Porta-Potties\' "
  ........ OPUS
Reply to
Bill D.

You are so full of shit, your head must ache.

--
"ACK",
  Bill D.

" Now just look..... they\'re burning the `Porta-Potties\' "
  ........ OPUS
Reply to
Bill D.

I critized nobody.

The only teacher is history.

John

Nope, it's the truth.

Give that man a cigar.

Clue: T.B has only been in power since 1997.

--
Conor

I\'m so grateful to the USA for their contribution to the war on terror.
After all, if they hadn\'t funded the IRA for 30 years, we wouldn\'t know
what terror was.
Reply to
Conor

From IRISH that migrated here.

Knock it off... we have declared this a no-BS-politics zone.

...Jim Thompson

What's this "we" shit?

PLONK!

...Jim Thompson

Actually, more people were killed in one day in Dresden (see _Slaughterhouse

5_ for a fictionalized account), which was a joint effort on the part of the US Army Air Corps and the RAF.
Reply to
Richard Henry

newssvr21.news.prodigy.com!newssvr13.news.prodigy.com!newssvr11.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm05.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm03.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon02.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!nx01.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!novia!nf3.bellglobal.com!nf1.bellglobal.com!nf2.bellglobal.com!news20.bellglobal.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

10:36:32 EST)

sci.electronics.design:614780

Reply to
John Doe

[snip]

The British and the IRA may have started it, but the USA has a long history of throwing wrenches into the political machinery of friend and foe alike. The British, in particular seem to be susceptible to following bad advice from their closest ally.

Life is like an analogy.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

When you're fundraising, you tend to go where the money is.

John

newssvr21.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon02.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!nx01.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!217.73.144.44.MISMATCH!ecngs!feeder.ecngs.de!newsfeed.freenet.de!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail

sci.electronics.design:614835

Reply to
John Doe

"Bomber Harris" did the night raids on Germany, leaving the far more dangerous daytime stuff to us, partly because we had better fighter coverage and the heavily armed and armored B17's and B29's. And, I suppose, more kids left.

John

newssvr21.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!postnews.google.com!g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail

SV1),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

posting-account=9eAkcQwAAAB6QTSQQnHDtaLZZpevkcb8

sci.electronics.design:614751

Reply to
John Doe

newssvr21.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail

sci.electronics.design:614854

Reply to
John Doe

newssvr11.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!newsfeed-east.nntpserver.com!nntpserver.com!statler.nntpserver.com!atl-c06.usenetserver.com!news.usenetserver.com!nf3.bellglobal.com!nf1.bellglobal.com!nf2.bellglobal.com!news20.bellglobal.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

14:59:44 EST)

sci.electronics.design:614860

Reply to
John Doe

It isn't slander. It's proven fact. Look up Friends of Sinn Fein.

-- Conor

I'm so grateful to the USA for their contribution to the war on terror. After all, if they hadn't funded the IRA for 30 years, we wouldn't know what terror was.

Reply to
Conor

What we did for most of the last few centuries.