OT: CPU heatsink "heat pipes"

Google on Noraid

from 2001 reports the same opinion.

IIRR George V. Higgins' book "The Patriot Game" is written around IRA fundraising activities in Boston.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

In the earlier days of heat pipes, failures were common, not just at receiving inspection but months or years later, as things corroded and clogged inside, or the fluid leaked out. Turns out they're not as easy to make as it first appeared.

John

Noraid is not "the USA."

Reply to
David Maynard

Clueless

Reply to
David Maynard

Don't go there pal, Dubbya is one of the scariest SOBs to come down the pike since the last freak who wanted to rule the world.

newssvr11.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon02.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!nx01.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!newsfeed.icl.net!newsfeed.fjserv.net!news.tele.dk!news.tele.dk!small.news.tele.dk!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail

sci.electronics.design:614444

--
"ACK",
  Bill D.

" Now just look..... they\'re burning the `Porta-Potties\' "
  ........ OPUS
Reply to
Bill D.

Tsk.. How wrong you are (nothing new there, then.) Read the other replies to see why - Rich's post explains it quite well.

Try a Google on "Latent Heat", that might help you understand.

Reply to
Never Mind

newssvr27.news.prodigy.net!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!newsfeed.cw.net!cw.net!news-FFM2.ecrc.de!newsfeed.stueberl.de!newsgate.cistron.nl!news.tele.dk!news.tele.dk!small.news.tele.dk!ltu.se!luth.se!193.180.251.40.MISMATCH!erinews.ericsson.se!news.al.sw.ericsson.se!not-for-mail

10:04:51 GMT)

sci.electronics.design:614722

Reply to
John Doe

Please read David Maynard's response. It's all about phase change (liquid/vapour) and NOTanything like an automotive cooling system unless that latter is in distress.

Maybe a google on "heat pipe" would assist your grasp.

Reply to
budgie

No it ISN'T.

Wrong again.

Reply to
budgie

As far as you know is a short distance indeed! Look it up yourself!!

Pot, Kettle e.t.c. Google/Wiki that up too.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

through

Hmm, in my experience, The Wick is the trick - you can get good enough vacuum with a pretty crude pump such at the compressor from an old fridge. I spent some time making D.Y.I. heat pibes for a solar furnace. They are not

*really* difficult to make and get to work but the wick is the hard part. Fibre-glass mats sort-of-work with alcohol. Gravity works well, when possible.

In any case, commercial heat pibes are better than anything one can make. ;-)

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Yeah, what has happened around here (sed)? The only issues people are taking sides on are HP/Agilent vs. Tektronix.

Did everyone take a new year's resolution to stick to technical topics?

Reply to
Richard Henry

I may be clueless but I'm not living in a country ruled by a bunch of right leaning leftist neoconservatives who can't leave the rest of the world alone to live as it chooses. You know what I mean, .. We'll give you democracy whether you want it or not. .. If you don't comply, we'll take the f**kin' lot of you and dump you at our facility in Guantanamo Bay. With no rights at all.

Then you have your freaks in the background running things like: Richard Pearle, Adnan Khashoggi, Paul Wolfowitz (that fucker has been trying to get a handle on running the world since the 60s). There are a few others in the mix and then, they were lucky enough to finally hook up with good ol' boy and like minded Dubbya and off to the races they go.

So, you can stick your "clueless" remark up your ass. Your whole nation scares the shit out of me and if you could get off your fat ass long enough to have a look *outside* , at the rest of the world, instead of always looking *inward* at yourselves, you'll discover there are a whole lot of people just like me out here who fear you.

I suppose instilling fear is one *sure-fire* way to get what you want. Way back in school, we called people like that bullies. That's what America has become, a bully to anyone and everyone who doesn't read from the same chapter and verse as it does. Just have a look at your interventions around the world over the last 20 years or post cold war.

You guys didn't used to be that way. You used to be respected and envied not disliked and feared.

:-) And you wonder why the rest of the world really doesn't like what America stands for any more.

I know, you don't give a shit. Right?

--
"ACK",
  Bill D.

" Now just look..... they\'re burning the `Porta-Potties\' "
  ........ OPUS
Reply to
Bill D.

Say, what were all those Brits doing in Ireland anyway?

John

Like, exporting food while the locals starved?

John

Yes ;-)

...Jim Thompson

terror.

know

I thought that problem was solved centuries ago:

Richard Henry

Good catch - I didn't even read the whole thing. [blush]

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

But the U.S. administration didn't take any effective steps to stop the flow of money to the IRA from Noraid and other IRA fundraisers in the U.S.A. - too interested in the Irish ethnic vote in the U.S.A. and not enough interested in helping to solve other peoples' problems.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

Never heard of the potato famines? They're the reason I'm an American.

John