Just wondering ...

Hello out there, when facing spurious problems we all know the debug technique to put relevant data into a ring buffer (which is then e.g. dumped at the next reset). Of course, as reality will have it, this buffer is always too small, or its content gets corrupted during a crash, or ... so it would be great to have this data sent out while the program runs. This way we would have a great logging tool: Just collect mega bytes of log data on the PC up to the crucial moment, where this mysterious crash occurs.

What I am wondering about: Having no hardware ressource on the processor available for this purpose, could the ARM's ETM possibly be used? Are there any products on the market which allow us to continuously transfer log data to the PC and save it there? Any other idea?

Any idea or info will be greatly appreciated. Best regards Helmut Giese

Reply to
hgiese