Multipath WLAN problem?

No, he was smart. Insulation in interior walls muffles sound quite well. Unfortunately they took the good stuff for everything, the variety with aluminim backing (so it can be tacked onto the studs).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Wgere did I say ONE goddamned thing about insulation?

No, idiot. Foil backed sheets are for EXTERIOR walls.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Offer it on your local freecycle group. You would be amazed at what people will take.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

Oh, we had a fridge that was avocado. We actually bought it used, and had it for about 6 years when we moved into our first house.

White Appliance Spray Paint!

It actually ended up with a sort of 'cloudy' pattern to it, that actually looked pretty nice!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

When I bung stuff up like that I call it "antique finish" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Nah, call it faux painting and it'll sound much more upscale.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

My first fridge was given to me 30+ years ago when i bought my first house. It had been painted dark blue. It had brush strokes, and roller marks but it worked for a couple years. I replaced it with one of those tiny dorm fridges that I paid $89 new in 1982, and used it for 20 years. Then I sold it for $25. that means I've spent a grand total of

74 dollars in 39 years. That's less than $2 a year. :)
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

Should have wiped it with a rag to give it that antique wood grain look.

Reply to
SoothSayer

Or use more colors still, and call it abstract "cool" art.

Reply to
SoothSayer

Well, it wasn;'t realy 'bunged' up, I just ran out of spray paint after about 5 cans... 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Or glue on some veneer and create a "woody appliance".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Appliance manufacturers already have that covered. The contact paper costs extra, though.

Reply to
krw

Contact paper? Yuck. The better built-in appliances have some real wood that gets clipped to the front panel.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

It's not real wood. At best it's veneer, much of it as bad as contact paper.

Reply to
krw

Well, so far I've only seen the stuff from European kitchen manufacturers. Sure, veneer, but pretty sturdy stuff. It looked like you could even sand and refinish a few times if lil' Joey found a Sharpie pen and decided to enhance it with some graffiti.

The best one is the type we had in our kitchen in Germany. When you opened the fridge a heavy wood door would open first, the real door came delayed and followed at 1/2" distance. When we sold the house it still looked like new.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

My forty year old freezer and refrigerator both had door panels that accepted 1/8" plywood. The walnut I used was, of course, veneer as in almost all "walnut" furniture.

--
Virg Wall, PE
Reply to

Sounds too phallic.

Reply to
SoothSayer

No, that would be if you'd plaster it with football team stickers or something like that :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

ALL the Walnut cabinetry I made was SOLID Walnut. A dart board cabinet. The back was masonite, however. No veneers though.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

No, that is Jock Retard style.

Reply to