Multipath WLAN problem?

All the better for her, to drop things on your head when you aren't looking!

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

All I want to know is if he fixed the WLAN problem? Or, is this sci.electronics.design.home.repair ? :-) Steve.

Reply to
osr

Not yet. I just moved it to a place where the connection fails only 50% of the time.

Wife said the flooring in that room has priority plus then I got two urgent client assignments.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

This is what he needs:

This would likely help as well...

Or maybe even a couple of these:

The antenna on the stock item is sad. The firmware on the stock item is sad.

The firmware on the upgraded item makes it a pro router. Ever see all the setting available to the operator on an upgraded consumer router?

Nuff said.

Reply to
FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

Try this:

FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

Well, I've tried this:

It did result in about 10dB more signal. Thing is, I don't need any more signal and unfortunately the increased directivity did not cut it either. Yeah, you could make it work in one spot if nothing moves. Then you move a lamp and it's over.

I might try new firmware, although increased power from the router doesn't help much. It doesn't make it receive any better. And I don't need more signal anyhow. It's like the DTV out here. Tons of signal, clouds roll in, poof, blue screen. Fedex freighter comes in for landing, poof, blue screen.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

How do you know the only setting is for power? It may well have parameters that relate to the diversity, and I KNOW it has setting for turning it off, and defining each antenna individually.

I can't post screen shots here, but I can up in abse.

Reply to
FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

I suspect it has to do with bonding to porous surfaces versus non-porous surfaces.

Reply to
JosephKK

This stuff bonds to just about anything, but with no more adhesion that a Post-It note.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

True. IIRC I can turn off diversity in the original software and that did not improve a thing back then. But yeah, if I can change packet timing and such it might be beneficial. But today I'll have to lay carpet. SWMBO cooked bacon and eggs this morning to get me in the mood for that ;-)

Due to some overzealous NY AG my ISP has dropped that :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Your retarded post edits are just a sign that you are a senile old bastard that should be listened to by no one.

YOU are always a piece of shit, f*****ad.

My funkshun poignter points at your mother. She should have been jailed for the felony crime of not flushing your lame, piece of shit ass, the moment she shat you out of her lame ass.

Reply to
FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

The signal can be too strong ! If the agc can't turn down the gain enough it might cause crossmod.

Just a thought !

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

You could be right. Not the signal between PC and WLAN router though, that's close to excellent but not quite pegged. Can someone tell WLAN folks that we want our "old" dBm indicators back instead of the bars?

But the WLAN router looks at a wall with aluminum-backed fiber in there, less than 2ft away from it. So it could see its own echoes that have too much gusto and choke its receiver.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Are the packet send, and packet receive frequencies the same?

Reply to
FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsist

The masses just want it to just work. The vendors are responding. This leads to issues like yours, and their least common denominator standard products don't just work.

That is much too close for the AP to even see intersymbol interference unless it receives while it transmits. Time and distance are interrelated in RF propagation. Both are complicated by data rate and symbol rate.

Just the same, i would mind less if the WLAN AP Mfgrs. left all the controls accessable rather than blocking them off.

Reply to
JosephKK

To be honest, I don't have the foggiest idea. It's set to one particular channel (the one with the lowest noise spectrum) so I assume that they are.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Would they not then 'bang into' each other?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Well, yeah, if the echoes bounce long enough so packets hit each other. But I doubt that. Possibly it's just multipath distortion that the router can't handle.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

They normally are. The channel is shared with something similar to slotted Aloha protocol.

Reply to
JosephKK

If the plasterboard in your INTERIOR walls have foil on them, your home builder was a retard.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever