SBC+Display

Looking for a very basic SBC with RS485, IR receiver and capable (or with) a multiline back lit color text display. I don't need much processing power - it just needs to display text and pick up IR. Anyone make something like that?

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

try

I think the TS-7300 series would be nice...

Reply to
gabjsmo0

Good stuff - thanks!

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

On a sunny day (Thu, 19 Feb 2009 04:58:36 -0800 (PST)) it happened Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote in :

If I needed that, then I would probably program a PIC, as the LCD interface is easy, and a RS485 transceiver chip can be added..

Somebody already did beat me to that, and at < 30 $.

I see it has enough IO pins for a LCD on the expansion connector 2. Seems it uses a SP485E for RS485, you can make such a board yourself...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

ruere

That's an amazing range of stuff. Covers just about everything I'm likely to need Thanks

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax