Laminate flooring and ESD?

But on one piece please. Soldered bounds neither look neat, nor do they have the mechanical stability of the rest.

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

I'm afraid that won't fly with the missus ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Copperclad? Do it right, and just put gold leaf across the entire floor... 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

GPS is actually useful in the lab. You can use it to discipline your local oscillator to keep it right on.

--
These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer\'s.  I hate spam.
Reply to

Call me a Luddite but I am still using WWV for that ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Naw... a luddite would be a live video feed from Old Faithful.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

What do your dogs have for dinner? 0402 dog chow! Anyway, I don't even bother trying to pick-up anything below 0805.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

The earth moving when Fred Bloggs has an original idea?

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ROFL! That was a good one.

A client did that to me a few months ago. Had a Sauerkraut style prototype. Lots of changes requested from their side so by the end it looked like an overgrown weed field. Miraculously it still works so they called it Old Faithful. All laid out now, but whenever someone needs to do a quick measurement and can't have the machine right now they are told "Just use Old Faithful for that".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Jim Thomps>What's an "earthquake" ?:-)

You dog. I would have sworn that was hyperbole--but nope. You're right in the middle of of a big patch where nothing shakes.

JeffM

My only natural fear is that it's readily apparent that I'm located in the bowl(*) of an extinct volcano :-(

(*) SE side has disappeared over the centuries due to erosion, but if you study any of my hillside photos, you'll see the tell-tale signs.

...Jim Thompson

That's what I also thought when living in Germany. One night we almost flew out of the bed. Wife: "What the heck was that?" Me: "Either an earthquake but more likely a large aircraft has crashed into the hillside behind us". (It was an earthquake)

Then one day a wee hissing sound emerges ...

I remember when I got a car in WA state and they gave me a spare air filter cartridge. Everything was covered in gray ash.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I had a coworker from Washington back then. Shw went home to visit soon after the eruption and brought us back souvenirs cast from the free ash raw materials everyone was getting from the sky: ash trays.

Reply to
Richard Henry

You can pick up anything. Some of you people are true dolts, with some of the shit you say.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Oddly enough. Old faithful has not been on schedule lately.

I say more of that "crossing through the galactic equator effects" thing.

There should be a movie. I really think we are in for a world of hurt.

Don't say I didn't tell ya so after the shit hits the fan.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Ofcourse, but is it worth spending 10 minutes searching in order to retreive a component which is worth next to nothing?

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Reply to
Richard Henry

We had a recent discussion about how it is ok for highly-paid people to speed, since the value of their time should be factored into the cost of travel. What amount of time should be spent looking for a sub- dollar part?

Reply to
Richard Henry

If that happened to be the lone PIN diode you just unsoldered from a client's proto board and you don't have any in stock, a whole lot of time needs to be spent. The alternative is a 2-3 day wait for the Fedex truck.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

The time is inversely proportional to how many spares you have on hand.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany