laminate cores datasheets

I have a small transformer that is using a steel laminate E core (dont know the material type) that I like to find out more about.

The asselbled E-core is about .75 x .75 X stack height.

Are there any online datasheets for core similar to this. Magnetics inc is great but that only have datasheets for tape wound torroids.

Reply to
Mook Johnson

"Mook Johnson"

** You will not identify the core material that way.

Do some tests and see what the magnetisation characteristics are.

Then you can compare the results with another with known core material.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

That is the problem. I need to find manufacurers datasheets of the other core materials to compare to this one. I've googled and not had ony luck finding manufacturers of small permalloy, magnesil, sillicon steel, nickel iron, etc. E-I or C core laminations.

I'm more interested in what other core materials and sizes are in this family. This core has some desirable characteristics compared to the typical ferrite cores I normally use.

Reply to
Mook Johnson

--
http://www.magmet.com/