Plain FR4 laminate in the UK

I'm after a supply (preferably in the UK) of small quantities of FR4 laminate (or similar) preferably 0.8mm but anything up to 1.6mm will do. A sheet size of 12" square minimum.

Loads of places can do copper coated but for the application I have it's a PITA, time consuming and an unwelcome cost to etch the copper away!

Reply to
Mike

You could ask a few pcb suppliers if they have some offcuts. I'd expect it unlikely it won't have copper on it though.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

have you tried mechanically separating the copper or plating it off?

I think these guys make FR4

they also list unclad but the largest is 200x200mm

Jasen Betts

Give Mega a call - they're usually helpful people

Mike Harrison

In the past I've tried heating with a hot air gun and peeling, not always successfully. Mixing up chemicals and spending time removing something I didn't want to buy in the first place seems utter madness.

That might do at a pinch, it's barely big enough and I can see lots of language problems as my French hasn't been used in anger for over 20 years :)

Reply to
Mike