Idiots

You really don't like America, do you?

I wonder why. Most Dutch people I've met were great. Probably the nicest Europeans.

Go take a look at the US war cemeteries in your country and weep.

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

[snip]

krw, Please spend more time with your wife.

Don't you know how to...

ctrl-K, author, Jan Panteltje

Works for me.

I have to puzzle over troll feeders and why you waste everyone's time replying to such obnoxious jerks. Are you lacking a person with which to pleasantly correspond? Or are you just feeding your own ego ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

I have the classic Engineer's profile: multiple allergies, strong math/visual/spatial skills, good kinetics, poor verbal and language skills. It's been associated with high levels of pre-natal testosterone.

It is a good idea to make the enemy army sneeze all day. When they run out of Kleenex, they'll have to surrender.

John

It's too full of cars and tourists and rude locals, and beastly in the summer. The grey stone Grand Architecture is grim and boring; the locals seem to agree, since they piss on it so often.

London is much more colorful and interesting, except for the food of course.

The French countryside is wonderful. We spent a few days in Molitg Les Bains, in the Pyrenees, maybe the most beautiful place I've been.

John

Yes; this is more than symbolism. There is a strong repressed-sexuality component to suicide bombers.

John

Hey, it's vacation time! ;-)

The only posts I've ever filtered are spammers'. I ignore Slowman, of course. I thought you hade a smart thread filter. Just DimBulb Panteltje, and let me play with the roach.

But you have a solution to DimBulb threads, why not Panteltje threads?

Reply to
krw

IMHO they should have stopped him at Schiphol regardless of all the lists. With a bit of luck the bodyscanners will be operational like they should have been long ago.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

I doubt that. Its probably the same only a different mix depending on which countries are close although you'll find a lot of Chinese people everywhere.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

I'm waiting for the first celebrity pictures to appear on the net ];)

Reply to
Jaded Hobo

I thought I was clean simply with the direct kill of Panteltje.

I'll add you to my troll feeder process ;-) ...Jim Thompson

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.  You cannot
strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.  You cannot bring
about prosperity by discouraging thrift.  You cannot lift the wage
earner up by pulling the wage payer down.  You cannot further the
brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.  You cannot build
character and courage by taking away people's initiative and
independence.  You cannot help people permanently by doing for
them, what they could and should do for themselves."

                                           -William J.H. Boetcker

With my artificial hip, I always get special "handling".

Last time I went out of Phoenix they asked if it was OK to use the full body scanner, and I said OK.

Unfortunately it takes enough time that screening every passenger would slow things down... but it's a lot faster for me than the usual take me aside for the full frisk and wand. ...Jim Thompson

WHy do something because it's easy?

I thought I was already there for poking AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

that=20

Americans=20

reflector:24137

correct?

That is what happened. Colmes is a raging statist liberal nutter. But = then=20 again most talk radio hosts are raging nutters, that seems to be the only= kind =20 that get on the air.

Reply to
JosephKK

Went to the grocery store. While on the way, on the radio they were discussing full body scanning. The implication was you were simply seen nude. What good would that be if you stashed PETN in a body "cavity"? ...Jim Thompson

None at all, unless you own stock in the scanner mfr.

It could detect (externally) hidden ceramic knives and such like that the metal detector might miss (though the consumer knives apparently deliberately include enough metal to allow them to be detected).

You do want at least the appearance of security, no?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

You obviously missed the nature of his journey through the Netherlands. Repeating from my earlier post:

In this instance Shipol made no difference. He was a transit passenger, hence no screening per se. And he was travelling with a valid Nigerian passport and valid US visa. Also it appears he was NOT on any Netherlands watch list - the USA habit of not sharing among their own security branches appears to extend to not sharing internationally.

Reply to
who where

Don't count on it. I've seen the bodyscanner images myself and it just reveals rough contours. I find a bodyscanner must less intrusive than being searched manually.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

AFAIK all passengers are checked again before boarding the aircraft. Transit or not makes no difference.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

They might be able to tell by the way somebody walks :-) OTOH I guess they would have hidden the PETN in there if that was an option. Why bother putting it in a shoe or in a piece of underwear if all you need to hide it is a condom and load of vaseline?

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Because there was no necessity-- it hadn't been done before in either case, and therefore they were not looking for it, so they did NOT get caught bringing it through security. Either time.

Next time it will be hidden somewhere else.