Idiots

:

I think the Iraq thing saved lives.

The world is still recovering from European colonial rule. Now *there* was some mass murder. Europeans prefer to ignore all that.

And why you're not making babies. Well, non-Muslim babies.

Six weeks driving around France and Switzerland (Paris sucks), multiple trips to London and Oxford (London is great, Oxford is magical), weeks driving around Ireland, a month in Moscow (working!) in the Soviet days, a few other excursions. Japan, too, which was wonderful. Next trip will likely be to Belfast and vicinity. Mo wants to show me Italy; she lived in Germany for a year and traveled Europe a lot.

Have you been to the US much?

John

On a sunny day (Fri, 01 Jan 2010 10:48:10 -0800) it happened Fred Abse wrote in :

But their propaganda was much better, singing the glory of Saddam and Iraq! US just a bunch of violent newcomers to that beautiful ancient middle east empire.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 01 Jan 2010 10:48:11 -0800) it happened Fred Abse wrote in :

Well, propaganda always shows a single POV.

You need to read up on electricity too.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

There was a kinder, gentler, side of the Gulags?

You need to read up on humor, as well as history.

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Fri, 01 Jan 2010 10:55:59 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Oh, but IIRC some Europeans, actually convicted criminals, they hardly could find anyone else, moved to the Americas, and started mass murder of the native indians. Then they had a go at each other, North versus South, then they had a go at Germany, a go at Japan, a go at Korea, a go at Vietnam, a go at Iraq, some countries in South America, guess who is the most aggressive of them all?

haha, you are mostly Mexicans by now, last time I was in LA Spanish was the language, it was even more so in Miami:-)

Actually I was reading last week that birth are up here.

Paris is OK, spend some time there, you need to speak French, and go to all the places. Switzerland is expensive, been there too, Geneva for example, nice people. France is big, Lyon, Marseilles, places to see, the country, very very beautiful.

I have lived in London, worked there, have a lot of footsteps there, enjoyed it, but after Tony Blairman i no longer felt like visiting. become a freaking police state, thanks to GW Bush. I missed an IRA bomb once by a minute or so, now it is about Al Quada bombs. pfffft.

Italy is nice, been there, even almost the way south. Rome too. Pizza is good.

I have lived in New York Miami LA Portland Oregon I have travelled it cross country several times too. Also been to Frisco, but just to catch a plane... been to the south, Mexican border, Al Paso, been to the north Canadian border, hitchhiking, a few more places I forgot. Hey I still got a Florida driving license somewhere :-) Look a lot younger on that picture :-) Ah, been to Chicago too, given some time I will remember more places, Oh, Atlantic city, etc etc.. Orlando :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

find anyone else,

You got that about as wrong as you could. The European colonial powers were the mass murderers, and the did it with official blessing.

Germany. China/North Korea. The North Vietnamese. Sadaam.

Europeans just want to be insulated from what's going on. Given the European history of millenia of wars, colonization, and genocide, we should be grateful that you've finally beaten yourselves into submission. I just wish you wouldn't be so smug about it.

language,

There's nothing wrong with the Hispanic or the Asian immigrants. We are a nation if immigrants. Immigrants mostly self-select to be Americans, and most make very good Americans.

Europe is very bad at assimilating immigrants. Especially Muslims lately.

places.

beautiful.

I loved the French countryside, the small towns.

You worry too much about politics. Probably read the newspapers too much. Ignore all that and enjoy your life while you can.

I explored and researched the USA for most of a year before relocating from New Orleans. Finalists were Portland and San Francisco. The allergen situation broke the tie.

John

empire.

You think like you breadboard, kind of a tangled mess.

John

Too bad. Iraq's minister of information was hilarious. 'No we are not getting bombed, my mother is making popcorn!'.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

:
:

As a flock of Eurosheep...

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Why don't you tell us: Why did North Vietman blow up an AFRTS TV station?

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

empire.

More like uncarded wool. :(

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

How can Paris suck? Only thing I can think of is the fact the French are not speaking English very well but that has improved a lot during the last 20 years.

Berlin is also nice. Been there last year. I'm planning a trip through Italy by car. First down the east coast (Pisa) to Rome then back up to Verona en Venica. Maybe a short stop at lake Garda (the east coast is interesting to drive by car driving around the whole lake takes a day). Maybe this spring or next year. Spring is the best time to visit any European country/city.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

On a sunny day (Fri, 01 Jan 2010 14:47:14 -0600) it happened krw wrote in :

That *was* humor, but you did not get it :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 01 Jan 2010 13:54:15 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

find anyone else,

It is a whole lot of postings tonight, and I can hardly keep up, but I had a good laugh, now again :-)

It is simply the fact that the US has no history to speak of.. It only exists a couple of hundred years. Already your governator is considering starting the Kingdom of California. So few few hundred more years like this? Perhaps not :-)

I have offered to buy the US for 1$, years ago, they should have accepted. Now they have 140 trillon debt.

language,

I dunno, seems to work OK here since the sixties. It started in the sixties here with people from Turkey, cheap labor.

the places.

beautiful.

Yes, beautiful, I agree.

Allergen?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 01 Jan 2010 13:58:28 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

empire.

And kr accuses me of no humor, I think this was pretty good though :-) But there is always some truth in jokes, maybe you do not want to see that. US education is very single viewpoint. In Europe, with a lot more different cultures and languages, you learn more about diversity I think. America is a bit all of these same in a way, look at all Mc Donalds... :-) grin

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Pollen. In San Francisco, most of the time the wind is from the west, and the nearest serious source of pollen is Japan.

John

Along with 'The enemy is committing suicide at our borders'?

The long lists of thousands of truckloads each of things destroyed by the enemy?

Thi sounds like the crap that Jan spouts about the US.

Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

[snip]

Of course you are right, BUT, in the US at least, Muslims are afraid of their terrorist "brothers" and won't speak out against them. ...Jim Thompson

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.  You cannot
strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.  You cannot bring
about prosperity by discouraging thrift.  You cannot lift the wage
earner up by pulling the wage payer down.  You cannot further the
brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.  You cannot build
character and courage by taking away people's initiative and
independence.  You cannot help people permanently by doing for
them, what they could and should do for themselves."

                                           -William J.H. Boetcker

Gulags are funny? I suppose Euroweenies would think so.

Reply to
krw

empire.

What would you expect from euro-sheep?