Idiots

PeterD wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Personally,I don't think you thought at all on that one.

I'd rather they PROFILED passengers first. It works for Israel and El Al Airlines. Of course,THEY take it seriously.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

PeterD wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

A MAJOR structural malfunction.

Payne Stewart. the oxygen supply failed,the pilot and passengers suffered anoxia and were rendered unconscious.

WHY did it "decompress"? not from any bullet holes.

you really haven't CITED any. You use the term "decompress" pretty easily,though.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

PeterD wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

ISTR a plane from (or to) the Phillipines was a "test run" for the bombers. Another one,ISTR a Japanese guy got blown thru the fuselage by a bomb.

If the terrorists ever engineer a working bomb,they would do a lot more plane bombings,of course. Probably all on the same day,just like on 9-11.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Not a problem with smaller holes such as bullet holes or a broken window. Control cables may need floors that deflect all bullets from any gun permitted on board. (Bullets must be no more penetrating than standard issue ones for police service handguns in your choice of major city police department, maybe preferably hollowpoint or fragmenting.)

I would think that commercial airline pilots have oxygen masks and know how to use them. The passengers are briefed on those things before takeoff on every flight.

How?

Terrorism gets me in a mood to support armed sky marshalls, crew willing to carry guns to be allowed to do so, and to allow passengers with carry permits from any state with both a criminal background check requirement and a shooting proficiency requirement (or who are or were police officers or military members trained in packing heat) to pack heat.

Don Klipstein

How about that concrete-walled RF blaster on the way to the plane? Nude bomb-carrier gets a closed-casket funeral, cremation or a memorial service, and the offender's next-of-kin gets a bill for scraping from the "detonating room" surfaces and cleanup and collecting the offender's remains!

Nude passengers should have the option of having their clothes inspected and cleared to wear on board as opposed to being diverted to the luggage hold, or at least renting cleared clothes from the airline or TSA. They may have embarassing non-explosive body features, and USA has a lot of airline passengers who would refuse to fly nude for religious reasons. I suspect the airlines would get in or successfully lobby for a way to keep such people as fare-paying passengers.

Keep in mind that the 9-11 hijackers did not have bombs, but boxcutters.

Maybe flight attendants need martial arts training and training in use of handguns and to get concealed carry permits and be allowed to put handguns (with hollowpoint or fragmenting bullets) to use on board planes?

Don Klipstein

On a sunny day (Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:18:19 +0000 (UTC)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote in :

Bad maintenance.

Yaa, I have decided to take a cruise next time. Takes longer, but more freedom, no hassle, and better entertainment. F*ck the paranoid airlines and paranoid US. And *never* forget that this is what you get when you start mass murdering Iraqis Afghanistans... And for what? For some multinationals who will then charge you more for the oil. All to get the oil price up. US is just being used.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jan Panteltje Inscribed thus:

Yea, but it made good cinema though...

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

On a sunny day (Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:41:12 +0000) it happened Baron wrote in :

Oh yes, I have it on disk :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I have heard of some fat woman getting her innards sucked out while flushing the loo at 30,000 ft. at the same time as making an airtight fit.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Well, all you have to do is guess what is worse than a small amount of explosive on a plane and you can see where the next "unexpected" attack is coming from.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Their technical incompetence never ceases to amaze me. And that's just their engineering graduates.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Good idea. That way the terrorists don't have to bring their own guns. The only safe thing to do is strap all passengers in and lock them down and not take off until they are all anesthetized.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Actually Schiphol has the most sophisticated version but they are not allowed to be used because of privacy regulations. I once attended a demonstration of a prototype body scanner and I must say it works very well. If someone has something strapped to his/her body, the body scanner will reveal it.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

That's what they get for buying the detonators from Lucas.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Terrorists buy one-way tickets?

And what's suspicious about a 90 year old guy leaving New Orleans after a hurricane?

And why are the security people always so rude? To show how tough they are?

John

Also Mythbusters. Hint: toilet seat has a gap.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Seems you are correct

Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

To show that they don't think the guy's a suicide bomber? Else they'd be more polite:-)

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Not even close to being as bad as the crap GWB feed you all about 9/11 and Iraq et.al And you swallowed it all AND reelected him, and allowed him to sign away your civil liberties in the process, wow! Not that he was actually properly elected in the first place, but I'll let that one slide for now :->

And how many thousands of your soldiers have needlessly died as a result?, not to mention the untold hundreds of thousands of other innocents...

Sad, really sad.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

They were running it for real on UK flights when I went through at Easter last year. It is like a glass shower booth with a set of emitters and receivers that sweep around the target. It is very slick. I left a credit card in a pocket when asked to remove all items. They found it with ease. You go in raise arms above head and it does a sweep. Slower than a normal metal detector gate but still fairly fast ~30s a person.

The guy at the scanner doesn't see the images he is in radio contact with the operator who tells him exactly where to look. The operator AIUI does not see the person scanned except in terahertz or microwave band that the thing uses. I expect displayed as a cylindrical projection.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown