Capitulation (2023 Update)

It appears the US has given up in the fight against a virus. While the vir us is very tiny indeed, the numbers have brought us to our knees and the we ak are surrendering.

I'm glad I am in a state where the numbers are finally improving, Virginia. Maryland is also improving, both states finally getting the point across to people that they have to take this disease seriously. Just to the south is North and South Carolina where the numbers of new infections are out of control rising very quickly.

WTF is going on? Why don't people get as mad about hundreds and thousands of people dying every day as they do about drunk drivers or gun violence? I've seen property values drop because there was a single murder in a neigh borhood. Yet many respond to 100,000 deaths as if it was nothing to get ex cited about and we should resume our lives as if nothing was going on.

We only need to make a little more effort to get the infection rates down a nd get rid of this disease in a couple of months. But we just have too man y people who want to complain about not getting haircuts and dying to have a drink in their local tavern. Yup, die they will too.

--
  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricketty C

Well there is the old saying "People are funny"

Reply to
RheillyPhoull

China/Beijing did. But it came back after couple of months of hibernation. Beijing back in lock-down after reporting hundred of cases. Well, of course, the latest blamed carrier is Norwegian fish.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

A billion people will keep pockets of the virus alive indefinitely; blaming imported fish is absurd, the usual communist party nonsense. If you sequester and isolate people, they are fresh fuel for the virus if they ever come out.

Science teaches us to doubt.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

Latest theory is that the virus has been circulating underground everywhere, but nobody dare to report it. Any government official reporting it will lose his job. Lying is build into the system.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

In China, there is only one source for lies. In western countries, we have many sources of lies to choose from. Competition is always good.

Science teaches us to doubt.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

Don't worry, the man in the White House said it was all under control. Then he told the virus to be gone by Easter so it's all the viruses fault to still be here. And the Chinese, of course. Oh, and the WHO.

Reply to
aioe usenet

That's not the 'latest theory', it's the old Anarchy canard. Always find the problem in the government. Not just one government, ALL government is seen as corrupt.

Reply to
whit3rd

Yes, but at least most governments don't make people disappear for just saying something.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

"A recession is when your neighbor loses their home, a depression is when you lose yours"

From time to time even Reagan wasn't above taking shots at "American attitudes" about things, but because he was Reagan and not Carter people laughed at his jokes and naturally assumed he was poking fun of someone other than themselves.

Reply to
bitrex

But in China, the government controls the press and disappears or kills people who say things that are not officially approved.

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 10:53:04 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote :

wn and get rid of this disease in a couple of months.

n. Beijing back in lock-down after reporting hundred of cases. Well, of c ourse,

Don't know about fish, but there are always going to be outbreaks which mus t be addressed. Yes, a temporary lock down is warranted.

"The city has deployed 100,000 epidemic control workers, put at least 28 lo cal communities under strict lockdown, and kept closed schools, sports and entertainment facilities that were scheduled to reopen. Officials in Beijin g are barring residents who live in high-risk areas from leaving the capita l, and taxis and ride-sharing services have been banned from taking people outside the city."

This sounds entirely reasonable to me.

Are you saying something is "fishy"???

I will try to respond politely if you answer honestly. I don't wish to giv e you abuse.

--
  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricketty C

You say this is a "theory", then you say China "lies" as part of the system. Any evidence?

--
[...]

I think he was counting on the warm weather to "magically" chase it away, h is term, not mine. I guess that's why it is rapidly spreading in the south ern US much more than anywhere else.

--
  Rick C.

  -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricketty C

e:

here, but nobody dare to report it. Any government official reporting it w ill lose his job. Lying is build into the system.

d the

That's not untrue, it's just a matter of degree. I don't believe it is in anyone's best interest at this point to try to cover up the disease because we will find out sooner or later. Even retards understand it is better to be not caught in a lie... well, most retards.

--
  Rick C.

  +- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricketty C

te:

down and get rid of this disease in a couple of months.

ion. Beijing back in lock-down after reporting hundred of cases. Well, of course,

ust be addressed. Yes, a temporary lock down is warranted.

local communities under strict lockdown, and kept closed schools, sports an d entertainment facilities that were scheduled to reopen. Officials in Beij ing are barring residents who live in high-risk areas from leaving the capi tal, and taxis and ride-sharing services have been banned from taking peopl e outside the city."

They find some positive test result on Norwegian fishes, so they are pullin g all these fishes out of markets. Oh, lungless fishes and brainless peopl e.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

rote:

s down and get rid of this disease in a couple of months.

ation. Beijing back in lock-down after reporting hundred of cases. Well, of course,

must be addressed. Yes, a temporary lock down is warranted.

8 local communities under strict lockdown, and kept closed schools, sports and entertainment facilities that were scheduled to reopen. Officials in Be ijing are barring residents who live in high-risk areas from leaving the ca pital, and taxis and ride-sharing services have been banned from taking peo ple outside the city."

ing all these fishes out of markets. Oh, lungless fishes and brainless peo ple.

I would call it an abundance of caution. We certainly don't know everythin g about this virus and it is unlikely that the virus came in on the tide wi th the fish, but tossing fish is a very inexpensive thing to do. If it he lps to allay fears, then it is worthwhile even if only as a calming factor.

Meanwhile they are doing the important job of tracking and tracing and quar antining. I give them credit for getting the infection numbers so low like South Korea and a few other countries.

In total contrast the US has been a bunch of Keystone cops interfering with each other more than helping anyone and our infection rates are rising as a consequence. That is the issue that needs to be addressed. I don't real ly give a rat's ass if they have 100 new infections in China's 1.5 billion population compared to the daily 25,000 new cases we have every day in the US with only 0.3 billion!

Don't you think these are the numbers that we should be focusing on?

--
  Rick C.

  ++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ricketty C

Consider what Virologists say about , once you get Herpes, It?s for LIFE

, you can only put a muffler on it and reduce the growth rate with existin g cocktails.

Since this is Novel, wait for expensive antidotes from plasma donors tested clean or other new cocktails to slow down the nano-replication rates to le t the immune system work.

So do everything you can to boost your immunity with exercise, supplements, sleep, water, and hope that if you catch it, it is when you are healthiest . I would follow the EVMS protocol and taken the optionals and increase Vi t ABCDK to those values who have no conflict of interest and understand why they enable your immune system to function at best possible performance. T here are many factors on immune system and the insurance is cheap compared to the cost of not doing it and falling in the 2 to 20% risk group.

Reply to
Anthony Stewart

Some competent engineers in Texas told me about the rise in cases that foll owed the March Migrant farm workers in Texas to the north as Spring evolved . Now they are here in Ont /Quebec and even though 1 million tests have be en done in Ontario, not many for Mexican farm workers. If they test positiv e, the farmers must pay their salary so they are isolated but vulnerable wi thout testing.

Reply to
Anthony Stewart

e:

[...]

Important issue is that it restart from zero after more than a month (for t hose 14 days incubation theorists) and it's almost summer (for those temper ature treatment theorists).

Reply to
edward.ming.lee