Capitulation (2023 Update)

How? The virus has to keep on infecting new victims to survive - the old victims will either die or develop enough of an immune response to eliminate the the virus.

Why? If the fish is kept cold enough to let it get from Norway to China, any Covid-19 virus particles that contaminated it would be fine too.

But countries that know how to sequestration and isolation are well placed to contain and end the new infection quickly. There are are places that are more competent at this than the USA (and few that are less competent).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Perhaps, but when people start dying of the disease, lying stops being a useful option.

Conspiracy theory nut-cases like Edward do ignore this kind of detail.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

ote:

rates down and get rid of this disease in a couple of months.

bernation. Beijing back in lock-down after reporting hundred of cases. We ll, of course,

hich must be addressed. Yes, a temporary lock down is warranted.

st 28 local communities under strict lockdown, and kept closed schools, spo rts and entertainment facilities that were scheduled to reopen. Officials i n Beijing are barring residents who live in high-risk areas from leaving th e capital, and taxis and ride-sharing services have been banned from taking people outside the city."

pulling all these fishes out of markets. Oh, lungless fishes and brainless people.

thing about this virus and it is unlikely that the virus came in on the tid e with the fish, but tossing fish is a very inexpensive thing to do. If it helps to allay fears, then it is worthwhile even if only as a calming fac tor.

quarantining. I give them credit for getting the infection numbers so low like South Korea and a few other countries.

with each other more than helping anyone and our infection rates are rising as a consequence. That is the issue that needs to be addressed. I don't really give a rat's ass if they have 100 new infections in China's 1.5 bill ion population compared to the daily 25,000 new cases we have every day in the US with only 0.3 billion!

those 14 days incubation theorists) and it's almost summer (for those temp erature treatment theorists).

Sorry, I'm not following what you are trying to say. Of course it was a ze ro and now it's not. That is why we are talking about it. That's not actu ally saying anything about it other than restating the fact.

So why is this more important than the many, many more new infections in co untries that not only are nowhere near zero, but are increasing, like here in the US?

--

  Rick C.

  --- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

Seems unlikely.

And people who don't really understand what's going on - like John Larkin - circulate untruths without even realising that they are lying.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

One thing I know is that many people are very callous about the fact that t he hardest hit group of victims are older or already compromised by other i llnesses. If this disease were measles having become much harder to contai n and with no vaccine to fight it, yet the same overall death rate and slan ted to the young, there would be a tremendous uproar and anyone who violat ed any of the rules set out would likely be flogged in the public square.

We have no tolerance for ANY infraction endangering our young, yet we seem to not care much at all about our elderly. We were all young at one time b ut that is behind us. Being old is something we all have to look forward t o. We will reap as we sow.

--

  Rick C.

  --+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  --+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

There isn't anything you can do to "boost your immune system" - that's a myth created by the snake oil salesmen to get gullible fools like you to give them your money.

There are several things you can do to /lower/ your immune system - so avoid a particularly unhealthy lifestyle (too little sleep, to little exercise, etc.).

Your "EVMS protocol" and vitamin junk give you nothing but expensive pee.

Reply to
David Brown

for

Uh, oh! Now you've done it. You are talking to him like he deserves. He won't like that. You should have just read the damn pages on microbiology. Then at least maybe he would stop ranting and shut up.

--

  Rick C.

  -+- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -+- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

Do you really think that would have worked? If you believe a loon like Anthony would keep quite if I didn't reply, then I have a bridge to sell you. And a box of vitamin supplements with snozzberry extract :-)

Reply to
David Brown

Oh, mutter.

If you have a deficiency of some sort, then rectifying the deficiency can improve the immume system (or whatever) back to where it ought to be. So, if you choose your starting point carefully, you can boost it.

Usually those peddling nostrums either don't understand that caveat, or choose to ignore it.

There are reasons why /some/ snake oil could actually have /some/ beneficial effects in the malnourished. But then it got a bad press due to rip off merchants claiming cure-alls with potions containing no snake oil.

Just so.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

On a sunny day (Wed, 17 Jun 2020 11:33:09 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

In the US the government, alias the fruitcake fascist pig in the white house, ordered journalists from media that exposed fcake's lies shot at.

Your country has a long list of attacking countries and forcing 'government change' in others. All for profit, like grabbing Iraq, trying to grab Iran, Venezuela, many others, over 40 since WW2 IIRC. As the winner takes all, US falsifies history, also falsifies reasons for attack, does false flag attacks, etc etc Remember how bushman jr found weapons of mass destruction that turned out to be fish and chips stands.. bushman jr was from the same party as the current disaster. And there was Vietnam, Country Joe And The Fish:

Good chance you will all be drafted soon to make nets to catch F35 falling.

You will agree with the policy of any president for a tax cut and a profit increase?

In the next WW the best will win, you cannot even make chips without ASML from here.

Trying to bully it into not selling to China.

Trying to hide your war crimes always accusing others,

Agent Orange

Reply to
Wil Iam

Well, yes. But it's a bit like saying eating food will boost your longevity.

Exactly.

If you have a deficiency or medical problem (or particularly silly fad diet) for which vitamin or mineral supplements are beneficial, then they are not "snake oil" any more (unless, of course, they are made from snake oil).

Reply to
David Brown

And what is it that happens in a couple of (more) months? Do we get herd immunity or a vaccine? If we get the infection rate down to where it was in February, then how is it that it won't spread rapidly like you warned us it would back then?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

And we'll all have lower immunity, in general, to everything.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

It's the old, "let's have a limited government constrained by a constitution" canard. RINO's don't understand that any better than Democrats.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

In a couple more months we probably do Der Mussolini:

The kids love this one.

Reply to
bitrex

Sure he did.

160-200 million dead in the 20th century, and almost all were killed by enemies of the US, but you think the US is the bad guy.

There is no rational way to reach that conclusion, ipso facto, you're a wacko.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

If you have to asks that question, you have not been paying attention.

The countries that have lowered their infection rates maintain the low rate s by significant enforcement of tracking contacts with infected people, som ething we could not do in the early stages of this disease because we didn' t have adequate testing available. We would need to have mandatory quarant ine of anyone infected, but also anyone they've been in contact with.

All we need to do is to hit the disease hard enough to keep the spread rate significantly below 1.0 and it won't spread like it did when we did nearly nothing to stop it. Banning the Chinese from travel to the US won't cut i t.

I read at one point there was talk of hiring and training a huge task force to do tracking and tracing. But it is not at all clear that anything has happened. Heck, we can keep handing out money to businesses hurt by the is olation rules, or we can hire people to actually do something about fightin g the disease.

So why exactly do I need to explain any of this? Are you in denial that th ere is anything we can do to prevent the spread of this disease?

BTW, no one is talking about having a vaccine in two month. It ain't gonna happen. Trump's new solution to the problem is to stop testing. Sure, if we stop testing the counts of newly infected with drop dramatically. Make s perfect sense. But I bet the overall hospital occupancy and the overall death rates continue to go up! I read that the ICU occupancy rate has rise n to over 80% with the new wave of infections. Well, I found the statistic and it is 84% compared to a low of 61% in April, but for Arizona, not Texa s.

It's hard to keep track of all the important data. Every web site offers s omething better than others, but no one provides it all. The AZ hospital d ata is from the state site which isn't duplicated for many states. They ar e doing a good job of reporting, just a lousy job of taking action. I can' t recall if it was AZ or Texas where they finally allowed local jurisdictio ns to mandate masks.

So many states have opted to err on the side of opening the economy at the expense of the public health. What is needed is to take stronger action to get the level of infection low enough that it can be managed by tracking a nd isolation. But we can't be bothered to look at other countries to see h ow they have dealt with the problem. So now we are the poster child for ho w NOT to deal with a pandemic. Yep, there will be many inquiries about thi s and long after it is too late we will learn some lessons.

Just to set the record straight, I don't think I was warning about a rapid infection in Feb. It was the middle of March when I finally realized the t rue implications of "exponential" growth combined with a near total lack of action on the part of our government. That is when I recall becoming an e vangelist. Too bad I wasn't wrong. I would love to be totally wrong now, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. Governments are under pressure to keep the ec onomy moving and public safety is taking a back seat.

--

  Rick C.

  +-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +-- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

I think that is a red herring as is Larkin's conjecture. I don't think our immunity needs to be boosted every few months by exposure to whatever the prevailing infection is. Larkin's idea is that the virus is "out there" lu rking for us. If we end the isolation it will ravage us all. That might b e true if we did nothing else, just as we have currently done so very littl e. We need to take effective measures which have already been explained ma ny times here. Obviously some people just don't listen.

It's actually pretty amazing there is so much ignorance and denial in a gro up of mostly well educated people that post here. The current data of incr easing infection rates is probably best shown on the NYTimes web page.

Look just below the national map. BTW, you don't have to subscribe, but yo u might need to give an email address. I've gotten no spam from them that I recall.

--

  Rick C.

  +-+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +-+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

We spent the months of April and May gaining a small amount of ground again st this virus. The rate of decreasing infection rate was small, but it was steady. Now in June we have pretty much lost all of that and the rate of new infections is rising rapidly.

One can only assume local governments are smart enough to shut down again r ather than allow the disease to continue to sweep through the population. But then anyone with a lick of sense would have known to not open up exposu re to this virus without some means of protecting the population.

Unless their strategy is to have everyone so sick they can't come to the po les in November to vote them out of office.

--

  Rick C.

  ++- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  ++- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Ricketty C

If you keep track of the infected people, and back-track to see who they mi ght have infected, and get them to isolate for 14 days from the potential i nfection, the infection won't spread anything like as rapidly as it did in the US in February. Basically if you make sure that each infected person in fects appreciably fewer than one new victim - an average R of about 0.5 or less - the infection dies away rapidly, and is gone within six weeks or so.

Contract tracing does seem to be the only effective way of getting to this state, and it has worked in a number of countries (including Australia).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to