McConnell Says "No More Checks for You!"

I've got an idea. Pay people to stay home and not spread disease! Do you think that might work? Most places in the US only get serious about this disease when they start getting hit hard by it. Maybe we can pay them to stay healthy.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

Ricketty C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Look at the map for the spread by JH.

We are responsible for a lot of Canada's numbers.

And by we I mean Donald John Trump.

Sorry Canada for us allowing such a dangerous buffoon to be in power.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It is unfortunate that these dispursements of money cannot be better organzied on an individual basis.

I say this because I see people not wanting to work because they are being paid too much to be unemployed when they could be working from home. Mainy I say this because my company needs help in re-laying out PCBs and we found a very good engineering type nearby perfectly capable and willing. A couple of days after we gave him the product sample and files, he told us that he had to decline to work for us because he would have to stop receiving the great amount of money he was getting on unemployment. Migh have been a combination of unemployment and grant ?

He was going to charge us the lowest amount of money to work with us at $40 per hour. He also works 20 hours per week for someone else. Someone he doesn't even like from what I heard him say.

And the unemployment office has dropped one of their security measures allowing lots of fraud. People getting millions of dollars through fraud from peole who have not stopped working and/or have not even applied for unemployment. My girlfriend had this happen through her old work even though she is retired now. At least her work caught it before they got anything. Four people at her old work evidently.

So, whatever is happening regarding what McConnel wants could be streamlined at least. Maybe the guvnmt could hire some to work at home and help vet these requests ? I don't care for McConnel at all but I have a reason to look at and question this particular situation, IF it is the recent one in the news where he doesn't want Pelosi's giving large amounts of money to those who don't need it.

Reply to
boB

I can't say where it's coming from, but there is a ton of bull in this stor y. Unemployment is no windfall. Even with whatever extra is being given o ut these days, it is nothing like $40 per hour. That is $1,600 per week or $80,000 a year. If this guy is getting more than $80,000 a year from unem ployment he must be filing four or five times.

So the numbers your PCB layout guy gave you sound awfully fishy to me.

There are any number of things unemployed people could do. All that needs to be done is create the job and announce the hiring. I'm sure all the app licants that can be handled will appear if the work is safe.

Getting worked up over those who choose an easy path is a common issue. Th ey are a minority though, a tiny minority. So why not worry about the bigg er issue, those who aren't getting enough income and find ways to make it w ork? Instead of people focusing on how bad the economy is because of the s hut down, why not focus on figuring out how to make the shut down more effe ctive so it can end sooner?

Way does everyone focus on how bad the problems are instead of focusing on make the fix work better?

I see it like kids. They do something that deserves discipline then instea d of taking their medicine, they continue to act out and get more of the sa me. The only difference is that we didn't do anything to deserve this dise ase, but the disease is still the bigger problem and it won't go away until we behave correctly and stop "acting out".

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

Meh, maybe he just didn't want the job, or felt he couldn't do it but wanted to save face, dunno. As Ricky says, unemployment is generally no windfall.

Turning down a job offer is sort of like turning down a date; people give lots of reasons that often mean "I got a better offer" but people like to be polite. Got a sick mother this week, my dog at my homework, whatever.

Reply to
bitrex

This guy is working 20 hours per week at a regular job.

He did not take on the job with us because he did not want to work another 20 hours per week (what he WAS going to do) because, he says, it would interfere with his income from the unemployment or whatever benefits he is also getting.

Two others that do PCB layout that we talked with charge $55 per hour and $50 per hour so this guy was less expensive at $40 per hour.

I believe him on this because we are fining so many others that would rather stay on unemployment than work for a paycheck.

A lot of lazy people being given money. You can choose to believe it or not of course.

Reply to
boB

I wonder why he was unable to ask for a higher pay rate.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

Because he's lazy ? The work ethic in this country (USA) has changed for the worse in the last 20 or more years.

People would rather take the easy path if they can find it.

boB

Reply to
boB

He was making ~$100K per year working 20 hrs per week.

That's a pretty good gig. Why waste that by workng 40 hours per week ?

Reply to
boB

I guess he's working 125 weeks a year?

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

Yes, Probably votes early and often too 1

:)

Reply to
boB

Who'd have imagined the "welfare queens" were engineers!

Reply to
bitrex