Medical Equipment

I have the plans for a ventilator made in the US which has a power switch o n the back. The schematics are all at the board level, so nothing to indic ate exactly how it is used. By that I at referring to the internal batteri es. If the AC power is lost, the unit is intended to run from the backup b atteries. Also there is an alarm if the unit is in use when the power swit ch is thrown.

The schematics are all images and so the text is not searchable and so very hard to follow the labels. I can not find anything that shows how this is intended to work. Anyone familiar with devices like these?

I'm thinking the assumption is the batteries will be fully charged when in use so if power is switched off, they take over, but the alarm sounds. Wha t I'm wondering is how to actually turn off the unit when not in use? If t hey are put in storage would the batteries be taken out? Do the units have to be plugged in and recharged periodically? I don't see any sign of how the battery might be removed/disconnected, but like I said, the schematics are hard to follow. I believe the batteries are Li-ion.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

Ricketty C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Oxygen generator in this house, and it has a battery inside and will alarm if unplugged. I am sure that is the standard. Always on AC and alarm if removed from AC. The idea is to get immediate attention, battery or not. So plug the whole thing into a PC UPS.

The main power switch does it. If "ON" the battery alarm is ready, and a line cord removal will sound the alarm. When the switch is "OFF", all is off. Alarm detects no AC power only when the main power switch is on.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

on the back. The schematics are all at the board level, so nothing to ind icate exactly how it is used.

I learned to read Japanese schematics and connect the dots (ha) at an early age, so if you 2nd opinion, just share them.

But if you can afford a Tesla, you can afford the best equipment for nothin g more important than your health.

My 1st witnessing of a ventilator was when I was taking Biomedical classes in '74 and my late brother-in-law who was Dr. in ICU, Prof of Anesthesia, a nd on many heart surgery teams. It was used by a guy he saved who hit a cl othesline on his neck driving a snow-mobile. He could talk while inhaling a nd play chess with his headset LED beam. The machine must replace the Phren ic nerves that sense the lung pressure and control the airflow by our dual diaphragms with bipolar muscle forces and detect brain autonomy vs manual o ver-ride (when/how to breathe). So there are a variety of sensors and cont rols.

BTW if you want to strengthen your all-important core muscles which improve your heart, then Lay on a 4" smooth rounded edge block of wood on your bel ly button for only 3~5 minutes and breath on a Yoga matt or stiff bed .. re peat 3x day. (Search Buddy Block) It might take a month but they will be mu ch stronger.

Another machine I saw in the early '90s was using a Burrough "207" 1Hp lin ear motor from a 14" HDD as the diaphragm and pneumatic piston and brains w ith sensors.

Reply to
Anthony Stewart

Do they have any protection against accidentally turning off the unit? With this equipment if the unit is in use (ventilation mode) and the switch is turned off, the alarm sounds. So no offing uncle Henry without at least knowing about it.