Latest threads in Electronic Componentsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Precision metal film resistors
What is the difference between 0.1% and 1% metal film resistors ? Are the higher precision parts made from a different process ? Or cherry picked from a big batch of 1% ? Just curious. -- André...
4
4

Replacement parts
Hi, I need to find replacement parts for a Helitrim 9V trimpot that is labeled: 72x R1k 8134S and a BCD transistor (that looks like an lithium battery) that is labeled M 4 - 518 8127 where the "M" is...
2
2

Can I build a perpetuum mobile with solar cells???
I'd like to build a helicopter that will always fly around while taking photos of the world. During the day, its solar cells will load its batteries, during the night it will run from battery power....
4
4

Low cost SMA limiters anywhere?
Are there any low cost (

Mystery NiMH Cell
Can anyone please identify the green NiMH cell? Can anyone suggest a source for a replacement? We are in the UK.
6
6

FS: Muscle wire
Hi All. I just placed some Flexinol muscle wire on e ay @ 's a really good deal @ $10. Larry

replacement for 1N4085 (200V temperature compendated Zener)
This is a microsemi device. Does anyone know of an alternative. I need a zener diode, or something that acts just like one that has a low temperature coefficient. It doesn't have to be as good as the...

Cheap Muscle Wire
Hi All. I just placed some Flexinol muscle wire on ebay @ 's a really good deal @ $10. Larry

Bad Caps.
Well bad caps are still alive & well. My machine just decided not to start up last night. Two caps in the memory PSU circuits had decided to give up the ghost. Both were bulging and one was actually...
10
10

led driver made fromdiscreet components ?
hi, i want to make a led torch , something simple , that runs of 2 , maybe 4 , 1.5 volt battteries . and to power 2 or 4 white leds. is there a driver to make bit more efficent use of battery and leds...
4
4

Holes in panels/boxes, small volumes
I'm making a simple gadget that's got a couple of connectors and an IC or two. I'll probably make 10 of them. I'd like to be able to make 100. I'd like to put them in a reasonable looking box/case....
1
1

Looking for STV5730 (OSD) and UAA1003 (speaking clock)
Can anyone help me on: STV5730 - On Screen Display IC UAA1003-1 or UAA1003-3 - this is a speaking clock IC, over 20y old Please send me an email: georgedb"at"inter"dot"nl"dot"net

power supply question
Hi! Would appreciate some help. Was thinking of using a car radio at home. Specs read current consumption 1.5A (at .5W). The fuse is 5A. DC power supply should be at least 1.5A but can I go up to 4A...
8
8

Help ID'ing and replacing component?
I've gotten myself into a spot of trouble, and would appreciate some help with it. This is a Bolun WR-601 wireless microphone, specifically the receiver for that system, which is powered by a single...
1
1

Production of TV Shows and Commercials for YOU
I have been producing shows, educational videos and commercials for 30 years. If you need a program or commercial, please inquire. Pricing starts at $300 for a 30-second spot. Local Cable Media time...