I love the precision of the MTBF...

...on this data sheet:

Seems like "3 millennia" would have been close enough... :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

ha, they could have used "days" too and it would not make any difference

Reply to
Ryan Weihl

There's 8 digits on a calculator, and you have to WRITE THEM ALL DOWN or else the answer is WRONG!!!

I ought to write Zippy the Pinhead, except that I cannot capitalize randomly enough!

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Tim Shoppa a écrit :

MTBF is a *mean* time. That's why they've dropped minutes and seconds which would have been of no significance.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

MTBF of fixed magnetic components has never been a significant factor in the typical electronic system.

Seems rather pointless to have an Irms rating that exceeds Isat in a power filter choke, though. In effect, the component is designed to fail.

RL

Reply to
legg

Changed my mind about this - it could be a tip of the hat at the possibility of core loss, which is seldom anticipated by smd part data sheets. Pity they're not documented in this sheet either, though.

RL

Reply to
legg

"Fred Bartoli" a écrit dans le message de news:47b23dc5$0$14894$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr...

Comme ti es drôle, mon Fredo....incorrigible farceur !!!

Preggo

Vincent

Reply to
vincent.thiernesse

It is a little weird, the Irms vs. Isat ratings.

As far as I can tell Coilcraft has decided they'd like some of Pulse's market share. Too bad their inductors aren't quite as good... although they're close enough I suppose they figure they'll compete on price.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Everyone and their cousin is manufacturing these things without reference to AC or pulsed DC circuit operation. With some of the moulded part core materials, core loss has a considerable contribution to temperature rise.

RL

Reply to
legg