Component Identification

Hi,

Could anyone help me properly identify this component please ? I'm half guessing - it's a resistor network with 6-resistors at 10Mohms each. Thin film maybe ? Can't seem to find a source of them though ? Any clues ?

Cheers.

Reply to
Tim

It would be useful to have an image that is less than 2.1mb......

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Reduced image at:

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Based on the outline of 6 separate resistor blocks on the PWB, it sure looks like 6 isolated 10 M resistors.

FST is either a brand marker, or it could be the tolerance, reliability, and tempco, etc. markings. F usually means 1% for the parts that I am used to using. S usually means a failure rate of 1 per million hours. T is unknown, but it also may call out the lead coating (tin?)

=2E

Reply to
tlbs101

Resistor networks with values much bigger than 100K simply aren't that common in the wide world.

Are they put on thin film for matching, etc? If not, 6 individual 10M resistors aren't that expensive...

Are you trying to continue support of an older product, clone somebody else's product, ???

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

You could also use a nice browser like Firefox that auto zooms.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Got it, but the default browser is Opera 9.5.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

To me that looks like a "thick film hybrid", which is device that is made by screen printing the conductors onto a ceramic substrate. The blue potting plastic is a protective covering for the printed resistors.

You could verify exactly what the circuit is by desoldering the component from the board and measuring it with a multimeter.

As one of the other posters mentioned, it is likely done for precisely matching the resistors. It could well be a "custom made component", so finding a replacement may be difficult.

It doesn't appear to be very small, so replacement with single matched 10M resistors may be possible.

Cheers,

Anthony Burch

Soldering Secrets Guide

Reply to
Tony Burch

cut one leg close to the PCB to isolate the component, and measure to see if it is a 10meg resistor. If it isn't, solder the leg back. It isn't a resistor network.

If it is 10Meg, try another leg, and measure again. It it comes up the same, you can repeat this procedure, or simply solder a 10Meg resistor across the open bridge(s) to check circuit operation.

good luck.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Affiliate Program:   http://www.dontronics.com/affiliate
Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

Parallax Propeller Powered .96" OLED module
http://tinyurl.com/2vr2gr
Reply to
Don McKenzie