S-MOS 481K serial EEPROM?

I'm looking for the datasheet for what appears to be a serial EEPROM, part number "481K", probably made by S-MOS, now Seiko Epson.

See location IC501 at the top RHS of this photo:

It is the main PCB in an LG GDR-8163B DVD ROM drive.

The EEPROM (?) appears to have been manufactured during week 22 of

2004.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Hi,

These people have a very large database of EPROMS of one sort or another. I tried your '481K' but didn't come up with anything though. However you could try a parameter search and maybe get lucky.

BTW, although you have to register, they are not after your money :-)

Cheers - Joe

Reply to
Joe McElvenney

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 01:37:34 +0100, Joe McElvenney put finger to keyboard and composed:

Thanks for the tip. I tried an Advanced Search for S-MOS but there was no listing for this manufacturer. Maybe I've misidentified the logo.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

The thing has the Microchip logo on it, so check it on

is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance and upgrades, but I think it will work tomorrow)

Reply to
sandra.bullock

On 13 Oct 2005 10:35:15 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@zonnet.nl put finger to keyboard and composed:

Doh, I don't know why I missed that. I was going by memory on the S-MOS logo.

Anyway, Microchip's site does not appear to have anything on this part. Maybe it was a special order.

Thanks for the correction anyway.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar