i82544 serial eeprom progamming

Does anyone have a bit of source code lying around that can initialize
the serial EEPROM on an i82544 gigabit Ethernet MAC?

One of my clients has a board with one on it, but seems to have
neglected the detail of filling the EEPROM the first time.

User-mode code ideal, but I'm not particular.  Please cc: me in
email, as I can barely keep up in here...

Thx,
--
Steve Watt KD6GGD  PP-ASEL-IA          ICBM: 121W 56' 57.8" / 37N 20' 14.9"
 Internet: steve @ Watt.COM                         Whois: SW32