Strange MOS datasheet footnote...

see note 3 at bottom of page 2, referring to the +/-20V VGS abs max first page.

Why that note? What's the hidden catch, should one be there?

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Probably avoiding defining lousy reverse-bias safe-operating-area ;-)

I've seen restraint like that in IC devices... even had to write a macro to ensure I checked for it during simulations. ...Jim Thompson

I wasn't able to find any real information on the "Power Trench" process, but -- as a wild-ass-guess -- maybe continuous negative gate bias could cause some kind of ion migration into the oxide/channel?

Reply to
Do Not Reply - Not Monitored

And a resulting shift in the threshold voltage?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Possibly concerned about resulting cumulative Vgd, which is not specified. That might have been a more direct solution.

Using a 32V process.....

RL

Reply to
legg

I'm not sure I buy any of the answers here. Why not call Fairchild and ask for an explanation?

Reply to
miso