Broadcom HSMS series appears to be discontinued :-(

During a design I got whacked again, found out that the low capacitance diodes from Broadcom such as the trusty HSMS-2862 have been canned. The HSMP series I wanted to use for clamping as well. Hurumph!

If this continues I want to retire. Now. Brewing is so much more rewarding and they won't be discontinuing Centennial hops anytime soon.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

There are still lots of low-c schottkies around. Skyworks, MaCom, Infineon, NXP. Some packaged parts get down to around 0.2 pF. Chip parts get even lower.

Broadcom is killing off most of the HP/Avago parts, shutting down old fabs.

 Click to see the full signature

Yup, Skyworks is what I now used.

I wonder why. Maybe time to buy some Skyworks stock though at a P/E of more than 18 I am not enthusiastic.

Bill and Dave would turn around in their graves.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Am 11.01.2018 um 22:52 schrieb John Larkin:

Any idea what to use instead of the low flicker noise HSMS 281x?

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

No, sorry, we use these in time domain, not RF.

 Click to see the full signature

I am going to try the SMS7621 from Skyworks. There isn't much choice left these days.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

We use tons of those... 58,000 so far. Avoid the SC79 package... we've had soldering problems on them. SOD323 is better. I can send you some if that would help.

I have some DC data on them if you're interested. They are rated for

-2 volts but are usable at -5 or maybe -6.

BAT15 is similar, 0.35 pF.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

I am going to use SOT23 because I need a series pair and on that board I've got space.

Yes, that would be interesting though I won't use them much beyond 0.5V.

Their DC values look even slightly better but I am a bit gun-shy with large companies and RF semiconductors. Been burnt too many times by parts being obsoleted. So far Skyworks and other smaller companies haven't done that to me.