Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

Is that what you have done ?

Reply to
fritz

I don't know who you think said that DSOs have no purpose, or are you into strawmen today?

Reply to
krw

that?

Before you show what an asshole you are, again, do note the quotes around "before".

Reply to
krw

No articles. I've designed over a thousand circuit boards, net sales around $200e6 so far.

Aren't you the guy who claims that gravity travels faster than light?

John

Among other things, yes.

John

age

hat

ner

nic

200 million dollars in sales and no articles in Boy's Life magazine on electronics?

What a loser.

Reply to
brent

completely

thought

information.

same

Their effects are still evident: Look at his NNTP host. :(

Michael A. Terrell

Takes a bit more effort to write a good article, but you are probably up to it. Perhaps you should try, nobody reads your name on a pcb.

No, you and others seem to be confusing me with someone else.

Reply to
fritz

I derive deep satisfaction from seeing my name on purchase orders and checks.

Well, we aren't confusing you with someone who talks about electronics.

John

Me, neither.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

I always preferred the HP storage tubes over the Tek ones.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

They all appear to use scan converter tubes, effectively a small CRT coupled to a CCD with LCD raster display.

If they're anything like the 400MHz, LeCroy-badged one that I had on demo for a few weeks, some years ago, the trace will be unacceptably thick. We sent that one back.

I'd happily pay $28K plus for something the ilk of a 7104.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

The original Tek storage scopes didn't have a grating. They used secondary emission off the surface of the phosphor, a trick that had been around for a while [1]. They had a light trace on a paler illuminated bachground, the illumination coming from the flood gun.

Some of the later Tek scopes used the HP-style mesh storage effect. They looked great compared to the older washed-out secondary-emission things, bright trace on black background, nice variable persistance, good tube life, but the writing rate wasn't as good.

I think Tek and HP had a blanket cross-license on oscilloscope technology. The story is in Lee's book on the history of Tek, as I recall. There was an argument over whether some license fee would be donated to the Stanford or Portland football teams.

John

[1] I think it was Whirlwind that used secondary-emission CRTs as RAM.

7103s and 7104s appear on ebay for around the cost of shipping. Our 7104 is the only analog scope I ever use.

John

Digital is great for one-shot events, like destroying parts, or for decoding digital data streams, or for nabbing a beautiful waveform for photography.

John

I meant something new / modern, the ilk of a 7104. I've already got two

7104s
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

Then you probably have callouses on your thumb from reflexively whacking the little red watchdog timer button. MCPs have a lifetime coulomb rating.

John

No offence taken at all. I have a uni degree in the subject. I suspect that most of your seedy mates who post here are unqualified.

Reply to
fritz

Ph dear now you ARE scratching

Reply to