Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

Step 4. Swearing in upper case?

Surely you're forgetting AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

te:

..

me

se me

is a

I am sorry to spoil your night, but those insults were directed towards me, not you.

Reply to
brent

Perhaps he doesn't know how to read either (there's a lot of that going around with the atheistic bigots lately), but he's answering my post (with my words "answered"). You're welcome to the stupid bigot if it makes you feel better though. ;-)

Reply to
krw

te:

om...

ly

ght

n.

same

ly

ccuse me

is is a

round

rds

etter

the Bible proves itself to be truer to me every day. I never fully appreciated this bible verse until recently:

"The fool has said in his heart there is no god"

I have never seen so many intellectually dishonest people that cannot carry on a two sided conversation in my whole life.

Reply to
brent

As the inventor of AlwaysWrong (a lineal descendent of the equally hilarious Massive Prong) I took care to mix cases in an artistic manner.

John

me

is a

I'm happy for you.

The bigger fool tries to take away another's god because he has none for himself.

One needs to be able to listen (read) to carry on a two-way conversation. Clearly that's not the case with "fritz" and ditz (from BC).

Reply to
krw

s.com...

and

etely

hought

ny

no

tion.

the same

reely

u accuse me

this is a

g around

words

l better

I still cannot figure out if DC is that dense or if he is just really into trolling.

Reply to
brent

Did you patent AlwaysWrong? You should have kept him a trade secret!

BTW, I named the doof "DimBulb" years before AlwaysWrong, though I have to admit I've used the latter more frequently since.

Reply to
krw

I'm a student, and we don't use analogue scopes at Uni, so I don't know much about them.

Most comparison websites do not list actual examples of when an analogue scope is better and suggest that digital scopes are a replacement for practically all applications.

Ross..

Reply to
Ross Vumbaca

Each of his silly nyms deserves a suitable interpretation. I also invented "Archimedes' Boy-Toy" and "MiniThong" and one of my faves, "Damp Matter."

I wonder why he's too chicken to have a real name.

John

brent

sloppy

the

analog

BEFORE the

do that?

were

applications

You are right. I have done things (been able to see things) with delayed= sweep=20 that i still cannot duplicate with a digital scope. And that is with a = mere 100=20 MHz bandwidth.

Digital scope manufacturers, you now have a well defined target to = accomplish.

sequences,

show with

advantage

Reply to
JosephKK

for=3D20

544A=3D20

The Tek 2465 has not been made for many years, the only ones available=20 are used. And guess what, they are a damn sight less than $12000. My=20 current use is more like (kind of well off) expert hobbyist. Guess=20 which one fits my needs best.

Reply to
JosephKK

that?

Delay lines can't store milliseconds of pre-trigger data. The best they do is let you see a few ns of pre-trigger waveform.

John

the

that?

Enough to see what caused the trigger (and more than a few nS in some cases). Yes, DSOs are useful tools. I don't think anyone has said otherwise. The question was more about the utility of analog scopes, given that cheap DSOs are available.

Reply to
krw

think

pretty

downloadable

one

You sound as if this some kind of news. Having grown up with analog = scopes,=20 pretrigger recording is just not that big a thing for me.

Reply to
JosephKK

John John John,

That's what entire spools of foamed teflon coax are for! ;-)

Man, I can just imagine how many hours of cocaine you could buy for the price of a few microseconds of that sort of stuff. Seems kind of disappointing.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

One case where a DSO comes in handy:

something was clicking erratically, possibly a gate drive, I'm guessing it stuck on for at most a few cycles. Bad sign, and the clicking means magnetics, or worse yet, sheer amperes, are causing audible movement of wires or capacitors. You can see a number of cycles on this exposure, where current (bottom, triggered) is going wild, and you can see some voltage steps where the coupling capacitor got charged by this action. But without a pretrigger on the order of microseconds, I can't very well see when it's misbehaving.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

You seem to be completely confused about the differences between=20 censorship, privacy, and secrecy. That should be damn embarrassing=20 for someone that actually holds a secret clearance.

And here you are discussing stupidity.

All the years you have spent "thinking" about this stuff have been=20 amazingly unfruitful.

same

Reply to
JosephKK

same

His parents ran away from home, before they named him.

Michael A. Terrell

Your response is disingenuous. You know that's not what I was alluding to. The delay line in analog scopes is just long enough to see the full extent of the trigger event, and it's not a property of analog storage scopes alone; even non-storage scopes have a short delay line. Digital storage scopes, as you well know, can see MUCH, MUCH further back in time than just a 20 nS delay line's worth.

You said "Storage is important when you look at one time events, long data sequences, or events with a very low duty cycle that on an analog scope would show with a too low intensity.

Those are, as far as I know, The ONLY advantages of digitising."

And, of course, those are not the ONLY advantages. The ability to look back in time far before the trigger event is a very great advantage.

Reply to
The Phantom