Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

If making money was the be all and end all in my life I may have tried something like that as well. However, as I approach 50 I can honestly say I am glad I made my living following a simple passion I had when I was 13 years old, which was to truly understand how a radio worked. The money becomes less and less important as I get older, and the satisfaction of having pursued my childhood dreams for life become more and more satisfying.

Reply to
brent

You can make pretty-big money designing electronics, and have fun all the while.

But the real secret to success and happiness is to marry a beautiful woman who has a good job.

John

That's very nicely said, Brent -- congratulations on following your dream!

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Yeah, imagine being a lawyer or a banker and dying rich. What's the point?

John

!

thanks.

Reply to
brent

m!

Agreed. There are very few things I can think of where you can make decent money and stay creative for a decent percentage of your time. I can not imagine being a doctor and seeing 20 people a day - yuk.

Reply to
brent

thought

same

accuse me

this is a

around

words

better

He wouldn't constantly start the same thread if he weren't a troll. He would design some electronics but he's too dense.

Reply to
krw

Yeah - he who dies with the most toys wins, right? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Funny, you're dim enough.

You believe there is a right to publish *anything*, even that which is private. You've said so.

Reply to
krw

Hear, hear!

I was thinking about that very thing the last time I sat in an "immediate care" (a.k.a. "Doc in a Box") facility waiting to see a doctor. The poor slobs must see forty or fifty people a day, every day. Yuck! A surgeon seems more challenging, but still on the order of a technician.

Reply to
krw

ly

am!

Maybe - he who dies having designed the most new toys wins

Reply to
brent

brent

sloppy

the

analog

BEFORE the

could do that?

were

applications

You clearly have forgotten how delayed sweep works. The sweep is not=20 even on the same trigger cycle. Say alternate trace, just like is=20 typical for multichannel analog scopes (dual gun scopes excepted).

Reply to
JosephKK

message=20

=20

Really? How much does it cost to do that? If you could back off to say=20

20 kilometers i would not have much reason to find fault. Fiber still=20 does have attenuation and EDFA can only do so much.

Sometimes at least, depends on how much and how fast it is coming in=20 or going out.

Reply to
JosephKK

the

that?

Stupid ass. See my comments elsewhere in this thread about this. With numbers.

John

the

that?

(and

the

That's why I asked how it would work with a non-periodic waveform (one-shot, in other words). Modern digital scopes have no problem with such a situation. See my example in ABSE.

Reply to
The Phantom

To store the equivalent of an Agilent 6000 series 8 Mbyte trace memory would take miles of coax; many miles.

Reply to
The Phantom

.

black and

completely

thought

Pot?

for

anyone

silly

many

has no

information.

down the same

freely

on

have to

Raised by many generations of cockroaches.

Reply to
JosephKK

On a sunny day (Fri, 09 Apr 2010 15:48:23 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

You *ARE* nuts.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 09 Apr 2010 16:11:36 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

A saint once sang a song for me, like this: Leaving this world when you go away Nobody will accompany you on that day.

He also mentioned you come in this world empty handed and you leave this world empty handed.

My view on this, as a 'technical' person is: Your efficiency in percent = 100 X (days_happy / days_lived). Or in Larkin speak: 100 x (femto_seconds_happy / femto_seconds_lived).

tick tick tick tick no storage will keep it.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I have had several articles published in at least five different electronic magazines around the world over the years, how do you stand up ?

Reply to
fritz