Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Is the Raspberry Pi real at that price?
Is the Raspberry Pi real at that price? I can't help but think when you sell 10K pieces of an item at bargain basement prices, (and in a single day), and in advance of having the products, that there...
83
83

bunnings 4w bathroom fans
bought this from bunnings $19. Normal fan is 36w this one has almost identical flow and only uses 4watts! 90% less power. I wonder how this motor works?, cant find any info on it. Its seems to work...
11
11

AV Sender interference
I have a good AV sender. The picture is great, except that because it's on the 2.4ghz band I get a lot of interference. Does anyone know any way to filter the signal? The AC is filtered via a power...
27
27

OT: BBT
The actress who plays Amy Farrah Fowler (Mayim Bialik), as Sheldon's 'girlfriend', completed a PhD in neuroscience, studying obsessive-compulsive disorder in adolescents. Just thought it was worth...
4
4

telephone woes
All you telephonic boffins,WHY HOW COME the telstra phone is as dead as a dodo but broadband still works on the same line and two celular phones with different providers are acting strange but do work...
6
6

UNI-T Bench Multimeter
I have a UNI-T bench multimeter (UT804) purchased 2 years ago on eBay that has developed an annoying random 'flashing' display back-light. I have been in contact with UNI-T and they suggest returning...
2
2

Grundig Satellit 300
After operating OK since the repairs I did after dropping a curtain pole on this radio a month or so back, the LCD is playing up. If I perform an operation that clears the display, and enter an 8...
6
6

Woolies to sell Dick Smith
Woolworths plans to sell off its Dick Smith consumer electronics division as the supermarket giant steps up its price war with rival chain Coles. Its latest sales growth fell short of expectations,...

Recall - Remember my crackling Sanyo Microwave combination Oven
Seems it was more serious than Sanyo thought. In any event, the good wife has been back to Target who didn't know anything about the recall althought they were apparently the sole retailer of this...

Hisense & Haier freezers
I'm in the market for a new chest freezer, I notice that there seems to be less brands and models around these days compared to about 10 years ago. The two cheapest brands nowadays seems to be Hisense...
4
4

6/1 Mbps?
Just looking for clarification on this: "The Peak Speed of NBN Satellite Services vary depending on your location in Australia, your modem's signal strength and satellite network congestion, and could...
3
3

From December: Antex XS soldering iron tips
Took a while and a reminder, but RS have finally got back to me on the applicable tips for the Antex XS25. As promised, here are the RS part nos for tips that do fit that iron. 604-589 518-848 604-595...

Dick Smith: 189 of 386 stores set to close
Off with Dick?s head: 189 stores set to close Woolworths? strategic review of Dick Smith is drawing to an end, and CLSA analysts predict 189 of the retailers? 386 stores could close as a result....
52
52

Light bulb condoms in the EU (USSR 2.0)

Are Gadgets killing PCs?
PC sales have flat-lined. Seems the Android, iPhone, iPad, and other gadgets, such as internet TVs are having a massive affect on current PC sales. Is the PC industry is heading for collapse? Cheers...
51
51