Are Gadgets killing PCs?

PC sales have flat-lined. Seems the Android, iPhone, iPad, and other gadgets, such as internet TVs are having a massive affect on current PC sales.

Is the PC industry is heading for collapse?

Cheers Don...

==================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Don McKenzie wrote

Nope, just havent seen any growth lately, a different matter entirely.

having a massive affect on current PC

PC still outsell all the rest combined.

Corse not. The most we might see is another change of physical format like we did from desktops to laptops.

Rod Speed

Hey, it's getting harder to find a desktop in a shop like JB HiFi

100 laptops, and 6 desktops seems to be almost the norm.

However PCs fully built into screens is becoming more popular.

Cheers Don...

==================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Pretzl wrote

You're wrong. Its just another change of physical format like we saw with laptops and amplified by Job's brilliance at marketing.

None of the laptops I look after that came with Win7 are.

Just another of your silly little conspiracy theorys.

More fool you. Its nothing like it.

Nothing like the performance of a decent i7 laptop with lots of memory and Win7

64 bit.

iPads have pathetic battery life compared with a kindle.

Electronics always does, stupid.

And notebooks are much slower than a real laptop.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The IT crowd using XP on a computer controlled process believe it and won't upgrade

Don't think so

For me no difference. 3.11 would run on a 386 computer will Win7?

64 bit.

Show me a 10" Win7 laptop that has a i7 quad chip? Seem reluctant to produce them. Seem to be saving them for Win8

Mine get 8 hours the Asus Android gets 16 hours and comes with a i7 chip

Again the only Laptops that come with a i7 weigh around five kilos, the Asus tablet Eee Pad weighs ½ kilo and runs on battery 16 hours

--
 Petzl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qWpAgoJHUk

Sure, but plenty in Hardly Normal and I noticed that OfficeWorks was pushing some in their Back to School ads on TV too.

I'm the only one that has bought one recently amoungst the ones I know tho.

Dont recall the numbers were quite that dramatic at my Hardly Normal, but still many more laptops than dekstops.

Dunno, not sure what the sales volumes are like.

I dont like laptops as the main machine myself, but I certainly use the PC a lot more than anyone else I know does.

I do use one around the house, listening to radio national stuff while bottling the beer and in the kitchen updating the food database, stuff I buy in bulk that ends up in the freezer etc. I buy full slabs of porterhouse and scotch fillet and cut it up myself to get the thick steaks I prefer.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Pretzl wrote

More fool them, I can prove its a lie.

More fool them, Win7 leaves it for dead.

Corse it is, its completely trivial to prove that its a bare faced lie.

Another bare faced lie.

Who gives a flying red f*ck ? No one with even 0.001 of a clue would even use one now.

Only a fool demands a 10" screen.

Anyone with even half a clue has a much bigger screen and a tablet.

Because anyone with even 0.001 of a clue doesnt use such a small screen on a system with a decent capability.

Fantasy.

And thats pathetic compared with what a kindle gets.

And thats pathetic compared with what a kindle gets.

So anyone with even 0.001 of a clue has both, stupid.

And a proper desktop too so you can stuff it with the 2TB drives that you need on any decent PVR.

Reply to
Rod Speed

A lot of users like the light weight long battery life (not a kindle which is just an electronic book) and find it much more productive rather than hauling a 5 kilo windows Laptop around. Through the HDMI ports you can run it on in my case 42" LCD With the USB ports you can add as bigger drives as you want. As most if not all of your Apps are available on the net there is no need to have them on your computer. A bit of a problem is to get a "Cloud" ready printer. I have a Kodak ESP7 which don't and Kodak have now turned to shit (where have I heard that before)

--
 Petzl
http://tinyurl.com/abba-money-money-money-midi

Pretzl wrote

Yes, but if they use the PC much, they want a lot more than just that too.

Wrong, as always.

around.

Most dont move whatever they use around that much and use a light weight one only when they do move it around much and use a much more capable system when they dont need that.

And by the time you plug in a decent screen, and a real keyboard, you might as well have another decent capability system that you dont have to fart around like that every time you want to use it and which you can put all your 2TB drives into too.

Much more convenient to be able to have them all in a decent desktop system.

Most have enough of a clue to have what they use much on the computer so they dont have to fart around when they want to use them.

I print f*ck all anyway.

Nope, its just Chapter 11, stupid.

Likely it was just the voices in your head, again.

Reply to
Rod Speed

They're all gadgets aren't they?

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Shrug, just morphing to another form. More gadget orientated. been going downhill ever since you purchased four refrigerator size cabinentto hold the cpu, tape drive, hard disk and a spare

Reply to
terryc

terryc wrote

gadgets, such as internet TVs are having a

Going downhill since LONG before that, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Wod, sure your name isn't Ron? As in IRONY. And in a thread about gadgets too..

Reply to
terryc

Is that "going forward" Vs "in the future"?

Reply to
terryc

Correct me if I'm wrong, but JB HiFi's focus selling electronic gadgets, any electronc gadget that is popular, that is a closed box, especially if if has lots of high priced add-ons/plug ins.

These don't require much ability in the sales droids. Desktops had that bad aspect that they needed to be opend to have add-ons added into them. Gadgets are so much easier.

Evolution of the laptop?

Reply to
terryc

gadgets, such as internet TVs are having a

If only we could harness George Julius spinning in his grave.

Reply to
terryc

How many people reading this would know who George Julius was without asking Dr Google? :-)

Cheers Don...

====================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

terryc wrote

Irrelevant to what was being discussed there, f****it.

Wrong, as always.

It was actually about the purported imminent demise of the PC.

Reply to
Rod Speed

terryc wrote

Try that again instead of using gibberish.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Chuckle. How unAustralian, not knowing about the tote.

terryc